Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: New MRDS: Holosun 507C

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Ugh, I could use 4. I think I'll hold off untill we get some more feedback.

Prit near ideal across the board IMO

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Enabler, I ordered one.

How do they mount to a Glock MOS — I believe it uses the RMR plate, but not sure about screws? Wonder if Ameriglo standard height suppressor sights will work with it.
    They will just use the RMR plate. Not positive in screws. You will probably need .415" height sights for lower 1/3 cowitness.

Quote Originally Posted by That Guy View Post
    Glad to see they got their site back up.

So for those of us who don't speak Ferengi, that would be -40°C / -30°C. Sounds much more reasonable.

Next stupid question: it's IPX8 rated but has an open frame. I guess they simply mean it won't break from being submerged, not that it can be used in those conditions. I wonder how well it would work in rainy conditions, if mounted to a long gun?

Sent from my Infernal Contraption using Tapatalk
    IPX8 would mean it’s capable of immersion beyond 1 meter for a specific time period. It’s up to customer/maker to decide what that the actual requirements is. For this unit it most likely means that the LED emitter will continue to function during and after immersion. Not that you can shoot to POA under water. It’s also not rated for solids penetration. Guessing that dust and debris can build somewhere and cause bad things.

FWIW: i ordered 1 on 3/17/18 from optic planet and it said 13-24 days till ship---Today i got a e-mail saying its now 5-7 weeks out. Either a real hot item or they have problems-hmmm

Ordered mine in February and it came April 18th. I think their backorder system doesn't know what it's talking about.

Due to my wife being in the hospital I haven't had a chance to try it out yet, but I got it mounted (Dueck backup sight mount) and lined up on a laser boresighter. Tentative range trip is Tuesday.

Initial impression is that the reticle is nice but auto brightness is too dim. Presentation to sight picture is slow and will take practice (as with any sight like this).

Once my wife is home (week of the 15th) I'm going to try it some more. I have a theory on something...
    "Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." - R. A. Heinlein

FWIW: got a e-mail yesterday that optic planet shipped my holosun 507 c due to arrive friday. ordered in march.

Site Supporter
    I was interested in the sight. Any usage reports recently?

https://holosun.com/index.php?main_p...products_id=35

Not that expensive.
    Last edited by Glenn E. Meyer; 08-04-2018 at 12:54 PM.

So far I like it. Have a few hundred rounds through it now and I have found that, so far, it has improved my accuracy under time pressure (winning me an informal competition at the range). It's also markedly improved my slow fire groups and helped my self-diagnosis.

I like the circle-dot reticle for fast shooting and closer targets. The auto-dim function is ok but not great. So far it has held zero and no malfuctions.

It's also been a big help for my wife--she had brain surgery in April and it kind of messed up part of her field of vision, and it made it harder for her to get a good sight picture with irons. Using the red dot her wide groups tightened up to a vertical string--she still needs work on her grip and recoil control but she improved as well. I am now plotting out how to get all of her guns rigged up with red dots, and may do the same with some of mine.

I did get an email yesterday saying something about a supposed recall due to some of them losing battery contact under sustained heavy recoil. I've emailed Holosun directly but have not gotten a response yet.
    "Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." - R. A. Heinlein

Quote Originally Posted by gtae07 View Post
    So far I like it. Have a few hundred rounds through it now and I have found that, so far, it has improved my accuracy under time pressure (winning me an informal competition at the range). It's also markedly improved my slow fire groups and helped my self-diagnosis.

I like the circle-dot reticle for fast shooting and closer targets. The auto-dim function is ok but not great. So far it has held zero and no malfuctions.

It's also been a big help for my wife--she had brain surgery in April and it kind of messed up part of her field of vision, and it made it harder for her to get a good sight picture with irons. Using the red dot her wide groups tightened up to a vertical string--she still needs work on her grip and recoil control but she improved as well. I am now plotting out how to get all of her guns rigged up with red dots, and may do the same with some of mine.

I did get an email yesterday saying something about a supposed recall due to some of them losing battery contact under sustained heavy recoil. I've emailed Holosun directly but have not gotten a response yet.
    This is correct. The notice was sent to the dealers.

Quote Originally Posted by Sigfan26 View Post
    This is correct. The notice was sent to the dealers.
    Which is why we buy the Gen 1 at our own risk.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

User Tag List