Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: New MRDS: Holosun 507C

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I plan to test one of these, on a high round count G5/34, once they come back in stock.

Believe they use the RMR adapter plate. Have not determined whether the intensity is auto or manually set (think it is manual), and whether there is a feature that puts the dot to sleep after a certain time (hope not, based on DP Pro experience). Saw a guy with another Holosun on a PCC have dot intensity issues at last weekend’s match, that went away when he disabled the solar setting.
    They do use the RMR plate. You can actually set it up to do auto or manual and sleep mode or no sleep mode. The auto brightness is very lacking.

This is really interesting. I'm not very enthusiastic about holosun/PA optics. I've had several need replacing. I don't have any more. That being said I would be willing to try another one. The companies are easy to deal with.

The battery life and reticle are very impressive. The dot with a 32 moa circle is ideal for shotguns and might be cool with hand guns. At least with shotguns using flight control buck. I generally get 8" or less patterns at 25 yards. That's 32 moa. Perfect.

I'll try one eventually and if they start selling under $300 I might buy a bunch.

Are these in stock anywhere, and available for sale now?
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Ordered one last night from opticsplanet. They have a 10% off coupon good til midnight tonight use "luck".

S/F

Nik

Says 12-22 days?

Has anyone seen the specifications on this thing? Some Holosun sights have an operating temperature range that only goes down to -10°C. I'm wondering if it's the same with this one.

Sent from my Infernal Contraption using Tapatalk
    IDPA SSP classification: Sharpshooter
    F.A.S.T. classification: Intermediate

Quote Originally Posted by That Guy View Post
    Has anyone seen the specifications on this thing? Some Holosun sights have an operating temperature range that only goes down to -10°C. I'm wondering if it's the same with this one.

That's no good. I do hunt in that type of cold

Quote Originally Posted by That Guy View Post

https://holosun.com/index.php?main_p...products_id=61

Storage -40f, working -22F

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Glad to see they got their site back up.

So for those of us who don't speak Ferengi, that would be -40°C / -30°C. Sounds much more reasonable.

Next stupid question: it's IPX8 rated but has an open frame. I guess they simply mean it won't break from being submerged, not that it can be used in those conditions. I wonder how well it would work in rainy conditions, if mounted to a long gun?

IDPA SSP classification: Sharpshooter
    F.A.S.T. classification: Intermediate

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    12% off with discount code REDS12 until 3/25. Total shipped price: $263.99.
    Enabler, I ordered one.

How do they mount to a Glock MOS — I believe it uses the RMR plate, but not sure about screws? Wonder if Ameriglo standard height suppressor sights will work with it.

User Tag List