Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: New MRDS: Holosun 507C

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    So with RMRs selling for $349, what does this bring to the table at $299 other than a circle dot reticle ?
    If it's like my Holosun 503CU no battery required at all to work if it's daylight.
    Very reliable motion detection on/off.
    Really well implemented auto-adjust dim/bright reticle.

Honestly, I've been super impressed with my 503CU.
    I mounted it on my Benelli M4 as a torture test and it's been rock solid.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

More competition is good for this market I think. The solar power option is awesome. If it is on the RMR foot print that kicks butt as lots of mounts will already work. It would be great if there was some standardization for mounting on this sized red dot.

Does anyone know if the emitter is exposed? I couldn’t find any info about that.

So with RMRs selling for $349, what does this bring to the table at $299 other than a circle dot reticle ?
    They will only be at that price as long as the Type 1 RMR is available.

What I am most looking forward to trying is the 32MOA circle only reticle. I think this may be an excellent solution for shooters who fight with "over aiming". Rather than putting the dot on the target, you are putting the target in the hole. For speed, this could be awesome... Or it could suck. We will find out soon!

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigfan26 View Post
    They will only be at that price as long as the Type 1 RMR is available.
    We may see Type 1s continue to be available as a cheaper option like the various gens of Aimpoints.

With DP Pro's selling for $399 now there seems to have been a flattening of prices in the MRDS market.

We may see Type 1s continue to be available as a cheaper option like the various gens of Aimpoints.

With DP Pro's selling for $399 now there seems to have been a flattening of prices in the MRDS market.
    Possibly. I can tell you that the major distributors do not list the Type 1 RMR anymore. I think Cabella's is about the only place that gets them.

Quote Originally Posted by TicTacticalTimmy View Post
    But not on their RMS, which is the model built to be mounted on a reciprocating slide. (Do correct me if I have that wrong)

I was really interested in the shield but the lack of manual brightness controls and the flimsy/uncovered battery tray ended my interest.

My understanding from the local agent is that their is no difference in electronic durability between variants. SMS has a polymer body and doesn't have the batter shelf.

The auto brightness on mine gave me less issues with having brightness correct than my DPP

My big issue with it was scratching the lens up badly.
    Welcome to Africa, bring a hardhat.

Quote Originally Posted by Sigfan26 View Post
    Just confirmed with them. It is an RMR footprint. Should be getting one in about 3 weeks to evaluate for use on a pistol.
    Did you get one with the red or green LED? I'm interested in green, as red is bad for my wife with light sensitivity migraines.

Quote Originally Posted by Tod-13 View Post
    Did you get one with the red or green LED? I'm interested in green, as red is bad for my wife with light sensitivity migraines.
    I got the red since those are the first ones releasing.

FIFY

With DP Pro's selling for $339 now there seems to have been a flattening of prices in the MRDS market.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

User Tag List