Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: New MRDS: Holosun 507C

My 507C hit 4500 rounds yesterday. 4000 of which have been attached to a G17.5 MOS.

Zero has remained constant. Was zeroed on fitting and it still shoots POA/POI. This lives on my practice gun. Recently I've had access to lots of ammo but very little time. So its had sessions of 1000 rounds in 3 hours or so and a good few plus minus one hour 500 round sessions.

So far its outlasted at least one of my DPP's and two Docters.
    Welcome to Africa, bring a hardhat.

I have about 175 rounds through my 407c and the red dot looks messed up compared to my RMR 6.5 moa.

Two pictures below. One focusing on the slide and the other focusing on the brown plastic a few inches away from the end of the slides.

Can somebody with more red dot experience take a look and advise if the Holosun needs to be cleaned, or returned, battery needs replacing, etc ..

@Mirolynmonbro

Haven’t had that exact distortion, but similar on an rmr. I used a q-tip to clean out the emitter area which had some dirt and crap. Tried that yet?

Quote Originally Posted by BK14 View Post
    @Mirolynmonbro

Haven’t had that exact distortion, but similar on an rmr. I used a q-tip to clean out the emitter area which had some dirt and crap. Tried that yet?
    Good call. That cleaned it up. I didn't want to attempt that before asking in case that would some how make it worse

Haha definitely could have made it worse. I’m not very delicate with how I handle my stuff, so a Q-tip seemed good enough. Maybe there’s a best practice that’s better.

On the up side though, the thing this shows me is that despite there being crap on there, it still functions how it should. Sure makes me less concerned about the open emitter.....

How does the usable window height compare to the RMR?

The official window size dimensions indicate that they are the same height, but the above pic makes the Holosun look a bit taller.

I want something with an RMR footprint but with a bit taller window.

I too poor for an SRO.
    David S.

Quote Originally Posted by David S. View Post
    How does the usable window height compare to the RMR?

The official window size dimensions indicate that they are the same height, but the above pic makes the Holosun look a bit taller.

I want something with an RMR footprint but with a bit taller window.

I too poor for an SRO.
    The Holosun seems taller and more usable to me, compared to an RM06 Type 2. Not by a lot, but noticeable.

If you don't need the circle around the dot, you can pick up an HS407c on eBay from Optics Planet for $200 and try it out. They are listed for $230 or best offer. I just offered them $200 and they took it, twice.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by cornstalker View Post
    The Holosun seems taller and more usable to me, compared to an RM06 Type 2. Not by a lot, but noticeable.

If you don't need the circle around the dot, you can pick up an HS407c on eBay from Optics Planet for $200 and try it out. They are listed for $230 or best offer. I just offered them $200 and they took it, twice.
    What's the dot size on those?

Quote Originally Posted by Up1911Fan View Post
    What's the dot size on those?
    Two MOA, which is the same as the HS507c without the circle. Smaller than I prefer but it is bright enough to make it bloom a little larger.

Edit: In fact, I just got an HS508T and it is 2 MOA also. I wish they offered a 5-6 MOA dot instead of a tiny dot with a circle. I have to admit that I do like the circle dot reticle quite a bit, but haven't got to try it on a handgun yet. It's on a Mossy 500 Mariner right now.
    Last edited by cornstalker; 09-18-2019 at 09:11 PM.

It's unlisted, but this guy in the SIGForum classifieds has the 507c for $225 shipped. I can't decide between the 407c, 507c or spending a bit extra for the 508T.
    David S.

User Tag List