Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: New MRDS: Holosun 507C

Quote Originally Posted by David S. View Post
    It's unlisted, but this guy in the SIGForum classifieds has the 507c for $225 shipped. I can't decide between the 407c, 507c or spending a bit extra for the 508T.
    If the 507c is new, that sounds like a no-brainer to me. A cheap way to test them out. Holosun is a little bit of a crapshoot, might as well not spend more than you have to.

Site Supporter
    Aside from not having the circle, what other differences are there between the HS507c and the HS407c? Does the latter fit in the RMR cut slides like the 507? The more I hear about the 507c, the more it rises in my list of potential RDS purchases. It seemed to be a favorite on the recent P&S Pistol RDS podcast. I'm not buying anything soon and will be holding off to see what Black Friday and Cyber Monday bring in terms of sales, but if the 407c has everything I need and is that much cheaper, even better. That said, I do like the idea of the circle/dot option. Astigmatism makes most red dots less than ideal for me, but non-dot options tend to work well (I had a cheap RDS that offered a crosshair option that was ideal for me).

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by mtnbkr View Post
    Aside from not having the circle, what other differences are there between the HS507c and the HS407c?
    I don't think that the HS407c has the auto-brightness feature. I don't like or want that anyway as it seems to do more harm than good to me. Both of mine are at NG Machining with my slides right now. Will dig up the manuals later and verify that. Footprint is the same.

Correction: per the manual, the HS407c does have "auto-intensity" mode.
    Last edited by cornstalker; 09-19-2019 at 07:08 AM.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by cornstalker View Post
    I don't think that the HS407c has the auto-brightness feature. I don't like or want that anyway as it seems to do more harm than good to me. Both of mine are at NG Machining with my slides right now. Will dig up the manuals later and verify that. Footprint is the same.
    Thanks. It sounds like I need to decide if the circle is worth an extra $80.

Chris

Thanks. It sounds like I need to decide if the circle is worth an extra $80.

Chris
    See my post # 102 above. I purchased an RMR from here earlier this year.

Im 99% sure the 507c is NIB.
    David S.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by David S. View Post
    See my post # 102 above. I purchased an RMR from here earlier this year.

Im 99% sure the 507c is NIB.
    Thanks, but I'm not in a position to buy right now. It'll probably be Nov or after Christmas.

Chris

Thanks, but I'm not in a position to buy right now. It'll probably be Nov or after Christmas.

Chris
    He’s a small time dealer. I should have said his 507c’s are NIB.
    David S.

I might have to get one for the shotgun and move the 508t to a handgun at that price.

Glad to hear the auto-brightness can be turned off. I can't on the FF2 and I hate hate HATE it!
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

User Tag List