Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: New MRDS: Holosun 507C

New MRDS: Holosun 507C

Anyone else interested in this sight?
    -50,000 hour battery life with solar backup
    -32MOA circle reticle with 2 MOA dot
    -manually adjustable brightness
    -RMR mount compatible

I've been impressed with their aimpoint clones, but a pistol MRDS is a whole new ball game. Really hope this proves to be durable, the battery life and reticle are unheard of for MRDS.

https://www.opticsplanet.com/holosun...dot-sight.html

Shield do a similar reticle in the SMS
    Welcome to Africa, bring a hardhat.

Sounds interesting. Saw it on a Shot Show review and was wondering when it would hit. I’m not certain, but I think Holosun make the Primary Arms RDS that seem ok. At the right price point it could be fun to play with.

Does its footprint, bolt holes, etc match any of the existing ones?

Quote Originally Posted by Angus McFee View Post
    RMR footprint supposedly.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

Quote Originally Posted by JodyH View Post
    Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Angus McFee View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by JodyH View Post
    Just confirmed with them. It is an RMR footprint. Should be getting one in about 3 weeks to evaluate for use on a pistol.

Quote Originally Posted by BigT View Post
    Shield do a similar reticle in the SMS
    But not on their RMS, which is the model built to be mounted on a reciprocating slide. (Do correct me if I have that wrong)

I was really interested in the shield but the lack of manual brightness controls and the flimsy/uncovered battery tray ended my interest.

Site Supporter
    So with RMRs selling for $349, what does this bring to the table at $299 other than a circle dot reticle ?

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    So with RMRs selling for $349, what does this bring to the table at $299 other than a circle dot reticle ?
    Maybe that's MSRP and they'll come down once they've been on the market a bit?

I'll say I've been happy with my circle-dot Holosun on my rifle, but I'm not an operator of any kind and it's the only RDS I have any significant experience with. It's worked fine for a couple of 3-gun matches. Just picked up their low-end model (Truglo) for the wife's birthday rifle; it's just a plinker/range toy and figured if she wants something different after a while it can go on one of the .22s.
    Last edited by gtae07; 01-31-2018 at 06:29 AM.
    "Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." - R. A. Heinlein

User Tag List