Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Sig P220 Legion SAO Review

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by AJD21 View Post
    I have a recent(2017)Legion P226 DA/SA. Trigger is 4lbs SA, 9lb DA after break-in. Very smooth. Both Legions I’ve downed dropped 1-1.5 lbs in DA after shooting and dry firing them a bunch. To be honest unless your using a lighter hammer spring most stock 92 DA triggers are mediocre. Comparing stock to stock I would take a Legion over a 92 and it wouldn’t even be close.
    But a Legion is not a comprable to a stock 92. You are comparing a $1100 gun to a $550 gun.

I am not a P series hater. I"ve carried both the P220 and P229 as duty guns. However, Legion is supposed to be a premium gun equivalent to a Brig tac or a 92GSD maybe a 92A3.

That aside, the issue isn't that there is anything wrong with SIG P series guns when properly executed, but rather, that a gun in the $1k -$1500 price range should not be a crap shoot. Any Legion should have the good trigger yours has. This is not a design problem, it is an execution and QV problem on SIG's part.

Any stock Sig P-Series gun has an edge to a stock 92 DA trigger wise. Does literally ANYONE run a 20 lb hammer spring in their 92 on this forum? The Wilson and M9a3 guns have stock triggers with no enhancement. It’s just a $6 D spring. At least the Legion guns have the “super finish” on the action parts, the overtravel adjustments and the SRT trigger. For every complaint t on the Legion trigger I’ve seen 10 people rave about them. And I can find Legions all day long for $200-$300 less than a Wilson 92 with the action tune.
    Last edited by AJD21; 01-27-2018 at 09:03 PM.

Ive owned a dozen + SIGs, carried a 226 and 220 as duty guns, and instructed in an agency that issued about 1,200 P series guns. I only own two Berettas, a Wilson BT and a regular 92C. I’ve yet to find a 226 with a trigger that matches my 92 Compact with D spring. I’m including my Gray Guns worked (duty) 226 with a 19 lb spring in that statement.

I’m not a SIG hater, still have a bunch. I’ve done some of my best shooting with P226s and P220s. I’ve recently handled a couple of Legions that had HK level of suck DA triggers. It’s not the design, it’s poor quality control.

I guess I’m buying my 92’s from Friday afternoon. Having owned a dozen P-Series to half a dozen 92’s the Sigs are usually much nicer. Had a Wilson tuned gun and it was worse than either Legion I owned.
    The best 92 trigger was easily an Allegenhy Gun Works 92F Compact.
    And my Px4’s with competition trigger kits and 12lb hammer springs smoke all of them.

Probably just preference.
    Last edited by AJD21; 01-27-2018 at 09:52 PM.

Preferences and luck. And still relatively small numbers, statistically speaking. I learned a long time ago that different experiences are just that, different with their own validity.

And I really want a PC4CC!
    Last edited by LSP552; 01-27-2018 at 10:02 PM.

Site Supporter
    Any stock Sig P-Series gun has an edge to a stock 92 DA trigger wise. Does literally ANYONE run a 20 lb hammer spring in their 92 on this forum? The Wilson and M9a3 guns have stock triggers with no enhancement. It’s just a $6 D spring. At least the Legion guns have the “super finish” on the action parts, the overtravel adjustments and the SRT trigger. For every complaint t on the Legion trigger I’ve seen 10 people rave about them. And I can find Legions all day long for $200-$300 less than a Wilson 92 with the action tune.
    I have a ton of support gear for p229Rs - hence my interest in the Legion. I have 8 SIGs in the safe right now and my Agency has fielded about 15,000 229s and 239s over the past decade.

As LSP 552 said, the issue is is inconsistency. It is just sad that I cant't have any confidence buying what is supposed to be premium gun without putting hands on it.

When I buy a blue label Glock I go to a dealer with a buch of them and pick the one with the best trigger and the least vertical slop in the slide to frame fit. It’s a reality of a $400 gun but I expect better of a premium model.
    Last edited by HCM; 01-27-2018 at 11:01 PM.

I guess I’m buying my 92’s from Friday afternoon. Having owned a dozen P-Series to half a dozen 92’s the Sigs are usually much nicer. Had a Wilson tuned gun and it was worse than either Legion I owned.
    The best 92 trigger was easily an Allegenhy Gun Works 92F Compact.
    And my Px4’s with competition trigger kits and 12lb hammer springs smoke all of them.

Probably just preference.
    Oh, a lot of it is preference. I've owned a few P series Sig's over the years and more 92's than I care to admit, plus the PX4's and a couple of the Sig SP2022 models.

I really like the old P Series Sigs. But the weird thing is, my two favorite Sig pistols are actually the SP2022 and the P239.....which are the ones that the real Sig fans seem to look down their noses at a bit. If Sig would fire Cohen tomorrow, I'd have another of each of those models by next weekend...

Personally, I get better results with a 92 or PX4 than any Sig, at least my targets and timer tell me I do. I remember when the Legion models came out, I thought the marketing was dumb but the features were great. That's still my view on them, I just wish the QC was there to back the feature set up. And even though the M9A3 and the Wilson Berettas just have a $6 spring in them, comparing side by side with the 226 Legion I did shoot that belongs to my friend, the Beretta triggers were every bit the equal of the SIG's near as I could tell

My slide arrived back from Sig today with a new front sight. Turn around was just under 2 weeks. Today, I shot 50 more rounds of 230 grain AE and the remaining 34 round of HST from the box that was prematurely aborted when the front sight broke on my first outing. No malfunctions and accuracy is outstanding.
    I like my rifles like my women - short, light, fast, brown, and suppressed.

Another 100 rounds of Federal AE went down range today. No issues. It’s accuracy is on par with my CQB Elite, SA PROs, and LBC Thunder Ranch.

Sig is releasing a limited run of the SAO P220 Legion Carry.

https://www.shootingillustrated.com/...ion-carry-sao/

https://youtu.be/DeM4ewAZrR8

User Tag List