Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Which manufacturer produces the best 10-round magazines for full-sized pistols?

Which manufacturer produces the best 10-round magazines for full-sized pistols?

I'm in a 10-round limit state. I'm learning this not only limits my capacity, but my ability to buy normally functioning firearms.

- Glock: widely reported to be less reliable, particularly with defense ammo (no need for link)
    - CZ: reliability problems (link)
    - M&P: hard to load 10th round because spring is overcompressed (link)
    - Beretta: hard to load 10th round because spring is overcompressed (link)

Which full-sized pistol offers the most normally functioning 10-round versions? Both in terms of reliability and ease of use?

I'd like to think at least someone would be creative enough to design a 10-round mag that is not only equally reliable, but that uses the extra space in the mag so the spring isn't fully compressed when full. This makes 10 rounds easy to load and puts minimal stress on the spring for long-term storage

Is this just a pipe dream?
    b
    Last edited by matto; 09-14-2020 at 07:48 PM.

Honestly? A 10 shot .45 of some flavor.

Which manufacturer produces the best 10-round magazines for full-sized pistols?

Mec-Gar CZ P10c 10 round mags seem to be good to go for P-07 and P10c.

https://gregcotellc.com/cart/cz-fact...bihqfsfsq3d592

I think @cheby has vetted Mec-Gar 10 round mags in his Shadow2s.
    Last edited by Clusterfrack; 09-14-2020 at 08:00 PM.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Quote Originally Posted by ssb View Post
    Honestly? A 10 shot .45 of some flavor.
    I'll second that. Or go with a Glock 26 or 43x.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Beretta 92 10 rounders

Quote Originally Posted by Joe in PNG View Post
    I'll second that. Or go with a Glock 26 or 43x.
    Something in .45 is potentially interesting...

Glock 43x type gun is definitely in the cards for carry etc, but I'm trying to understand the full-sized options (for target sports, etc)

Quote Originally Posted by Wonder9 View Post
    Beretta 92 10 rounders
    Are you familiar with how they work? Do they load nicely? The link I posted above describes people not being able to load the 10th round. That's just a stupid design with all that free space in the magazine.

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    Mec-Gar CZ P10c 10 round mags seem to be good to go for P-07 and P10c.

https://gregcotellc.com/cart/cz-fact...bihqfsfsq3d592

Thanks. Do you happen to know how it's designed? Is the spring fully compressed with 10 rounds in the mag? Or does the spring use the full lenght, so the spring is as if the full mag was 2/3 loaded?

I've never really had a problem with the G-Lock 10-rounders (26-, 19-, and 17-size) regardless of ammunition type. Probably eleven or twelve magazines total. And I 've had zero problems with 10-round H&K .45s.

If you're not in competition, why not go to a single-stack 9mm with an 8- or 9-round capacity, or a G43X (10-round), or a G48? Alternatively, you could also try out a 9mm 1911.

Ten round VP9/P30 mags have worked for me.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Site Supporter
    I have a few hundred rounds through a couple of 10 round Beretta APX Centurion mags without any problems. Standard capacity is 15, so these are significantly limited.

User Tag List