Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Week 253: 10-in-10 All Hands Drill

Quote Originally Posted by backtrail540 View Post
    Thanks JHC! I think it sounds deceptively simple until you go live. I found i had to focus on a solid grip and trigger press when shooting single handed or they were getting pulled. Which is the intent i guess, to show holes in your shooting that can be patched up. I also had to fight a tendency to bring the gun back into a compressed ready when transitioning from fs to sho to who. When i kept it at extension and only pulled the non shooting hand it helped me maintain a good sight picture and grip versus having to reacquire both during each part.

I can't wait to start live fire again in another month so i can get back to dotw.
    This one made even failing fun.

I think I'm going to keep doing the exchange from compressed ready. Just seems like the right thing to do if I were forced to do such.
    Never seen it discuss AFAIK
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    This one made even failing fun.

I think I'm going to keep doing the exchange from compressed ready. Just seems like the right thing to do if I were forced to do such.
    Never seen it discuss AFAIK
    I think that may depend if you are a gamer or not. One of the the first things the guy who got me started in USPSA showed me was how to transition with the pistol extended. He has quite a tactical background (SWAT team commander, etc.) so I asked if him if that is what he would do in the real world. It was a longer explanation than I care to type, but one of the things he said was why would you not be able to know the difference between shooting the game and real world.

Late edit to my results post.

G43/G19 shot from FIST #1K IWB from under an open softshell. 9mm Operator shot from open OWB.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Because reading is hard, I did 10rds in 10 seconds to the 10 ring of the B8.

HK USP9c
    AE9FP
    JRC CDAII
    from under a fleece vest
    8.83 seconds at 5 yds

Definitely going to add this one in, great test.
    Last edited by CCT125US; 02-06-2018 at 07:50 PM.
    Taking a break from social media.

User Tag List