Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Missed it by that much... is it you or the gun. POA-POI.

My Wilson 92 BT shoots loves 124+P Gold Dots........and my 92C the 147 HST. Both are POA/POI with their respective load. I wish they were the same but overall, it hasn’t been worth my while to change the rear sight on the Compact.

I would change sights on any pistol that didn’t shoot one of these loads to POA/POI.
    Last edited by LSP552; 01-25-2018 at 03:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HopetonBrown View Post
    What pistols are you shooting with oem sights?
    Most pistols come with half-way decent metal sights. I don’t really think there’s any good reason why they can’t have properly regulated sights.

Sent from mah smertfone using tapathingy

Quote Originally Posted by spinmove_ View Post
    Most pistols come with half-way decent metal sights. I don’t really think there’s any good reason why they can’t have properly regulated sights.

It's expensive for them to do when frankly most people don't care and those that do are changing to aftermarket.

My PPQ came with a pretty test target, and adjustable plastic sights that were replaced with Dawson's by my first range trip.

Quote Originally Posted by HopetonBrown View Post
    It's expensive for them to do when frankly most people don't care and those that do are changing to aftermarket.

My PPQ came with a pretty test target, and adjustable plastic sights that were replaced with Dawson's by my first range trip.
    They’re already test firing the guns, why not just make adjustments based on that to regulate?

Quote Originally Posted by spinmove_ View Post
    But with which ammo?

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Nesbitt View Post
    But with which ammo?
    I’m sure the ink from a pen or printer that goes to document the test target can also include that information without too much additional cost.

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    Why do we accept "good 'nuff" for handguns?
    I think most shooters can't tell the difference between "good 'nuff" and perfect. Inside 10 yds, it really doesn't matter anyway, so the shooter has to be at a certain skill level to see the difference at the 15-25yd range for it to matter.

Site Supporter
    Thinking about it more, if the average user sees a 2.5" at 25 yard target and can't "get the gun to do it" they may send it in.

Most people have no idea what guns are capable of. So maybe it's a way for the companies to avoid calls from the masses.

As said above the sun is definitely a thing. I began having a ton of problems after I moved. I’m not the best pistol shooter around, but I start and end each session with ten rounds at 25 yards free-style...thanks to Steve Fisher. I usually shoot about a six inch group within 10 seconds when I’m tuned in...with my goal all rounds in the black/8 ring. Sometimes I do better.

After I moved, my groups started to suffer and I started shooting low and left with the same gear. Couldn’t figure it out. Shot at the old range again and everything was back to normal. Then it hit me. The new range faces south west and the old range faces northeast. Shooting with the sun low in the sky to my right and in my vision made me shoot low left. Go back there to the new range early morning and my impacts go where they should.

I must admit, I have had times it WAS the sights and I’d have a friend who is an accomplished shooter verify. That’s why I like Dawson and their perfect impact policy. Though, I wish they would use a better finish. Seems I either have to oil the sights (and make them shine) or let them rust.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by shiv View Post
    I’m not the best pistol shooter around, but I start and end each session with ten rounds at 25 yards free-style...thanks to Steve Fisher. I usually shoot about a six inch group within 10 seconds when I’m tuned in...with my goal all rounds in the black/8 ring. Sometimes I do better.
    If you're shooting 80 and above Vickers Tests at 25 yards in 10 seconds you're shooting at a high level.

User Tag List