Thread: Suppressor sights for Vortex Venom

Suppressor sights for Vortex Venom

I just purchased a G19 MOS and want to install the Vortex Venom as the optic. The problem I am having is trying to find suppressor sights that will give me a 1/3 co-witness. Does anything have this setup or know what sights would work? I know the Dawsons are really tall and give a full co-witness which I don't want. Thanks in advance.

Ameriglo sights are probably your best bet. The 17 MOS with the Venom has the Dawson sights and the threaded barrel 19 has the Ameriglo. However, the Dawson sights do give a pretty good 1/3 co-witness. You will be barely see the sights with the Ameriglo. The Dawson's will give a full co-witness for milled slides that allow the Venom to sit lower.

Name:  IMG_2848.jpg
Views: 8028
Size:  80.3 KB
    Last edited by Paul D; 01-24-2018 at 10:15 PM.

Site Supporter
    I'm pretty sure for a MOS there are two Dawson sight heights available. The smaller of the two is the one I used and it's not full cowitness if that means that the front and rear sight are in the middle of the window when aligned.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by 45dotACP View Post
    I'm pretty sure for a MOS there are two Dawson sight heights available. The smaller of the two is the one I used and it's not full cowitness if that means that the front and rear sight are in the middle of the window when aligned.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
    Correct - the shorter ones are the RMR height MOS sights. The DP PRO / Cmore are taller.

I will look at the smaller dawson sights. I don't want to get the really tall ones because I will have problems finding a holster.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul D View Post
    Ameriglo sights are probably your best bet. The 17 MOS with the Venom has the Dawson sights and the threaded barrel 19 has the Ameriglo. However, the Dawson sights do give a pretty good 1/3 co-witness. You will be barely see the sights with the Ameriglo. The Dawson's will give a full co-witness for milled slides that allow the Venom to sit lower.

Name:  IMG_2848.jpg
Views: 8028
Size:  80.3 KB
    How does it look actually aiming down the sights withe the 19?

Quote Originally Posted by Gorris View Post
    How does it look actually aiming down the sights withe the 19?
    Name:  IMG_2850.jpg
Views: 2838
Size:  34.2 KB

User Tag List