Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Gen 5 G34

I just picked up a Gen 5 34 today. Seems to have good fit/finish and a great trigger. I’m excited to see how it shoots.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Here is my G5 34 with Dawson sights.

Attachment 24050
    Same set up on mine. Running a .235 tall front and it's a tack driver.

What kind of groups are you getting? At 15 yards with 124 gr hand loads and production ammo I am getting 2.5 inch to 3 inch groups off hand. Expected a bit better. Putting Dawson MOS sights soon as well

Quote Originally Posted by Sootnsmoke View Post
    What kind of groups are you getting? At 15 yards with 124 gr hand loads and production ammo I am getting 2.5 inch to 3 inch groups off hand. Expected a bit better. Putting Dawson MOS sights soon as well
    Under 2" at 15 with federal 124 and some Freedom Ammunition loads that I had on hand. All of my Gen 5 guns (17.5, 19.5, 19X and 34.5) are solid. The Dawson MOS sights work well on the 34 so i dont have any complaints there and since I run Dawson Charger rears the sight picture is the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan W View Post
    Under 2" at 15 with federal 124 and some Freedom Ammunition loads that I had on hand. All of my Gen 5 guns (17.5, 19.5, 19X and 34.5) are solid. The Dawson MOS sights work well on the 34 so i dont have any complaints there and since I run Dawson Charger rears the sight picture is the same.
    Did the Dawson's on the G34 hit POI/POA or did you have to exchange for another front site to get it right?

Sent from my LG-TP450 using Tapatalk

My G5/34 regulates with the Dawson MOS rear and .225 FO front.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    My G5/34 regulates with the Dawson MOS rear and .225 FO front.
    Since the .205 front is the initial height sight Dawson ships, I take it your G34 shot high with factory Glock sights as well? Did you get the taller sight when you first ordered or did they ship you a free 2nd taller sight?

Quote Originally Posted by Sootnsmoke View Post
    Since the .205 front is the initial height sight Dawson ships, I take it your G34 shot high with factory Glock sights as well? Did you get the taller sight when you first ordered or did they ship you a free 2nd taller sight?

Neither. I bought just the MOS rear, and based on a combination of G5 threads, and my 34 experience, went with a .225 front, which I already had new in the package.

Has anyone measured the factory installed magazine release on the Gen 5 34 against the standard length? Does the gen 5 34 have an extended mag release?

Quote Originally Posted by secondstoryguy View Post
    Has anyone measured the factory installed magazine release on the Gen 5 34 against the standard length? Does the gen 5 34 have an extended mag release?
    Negative, use the OEM extended one from the G4. The 19X does.

User Tag List