Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Gen 5 G34

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by 45dotACP View Post
    I'm a pretty huge fan of the Sevigny sights from Warren, but I tried a set of Dawson's on my G19 and they are about the same in my estimation.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
    I have Warren’s on my 19 and 17. Ameriglo’s on my 26. It appears the same design on the gen 5 34 extends beyond the rear of the slide. Am I making sense?

God Bless,

Brandon

Why didn’t I know that Glock got rid of the slide cut out in the Gen 5 34? That is interesting.
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

I think what’s most surprising (at least to me) in this thread is that @GJM is still using the DPP as a CO sight. I figured you would have moved on to greener pastures by now. Your failure rate with those optics is quite frankly, astounding.
    Shoot more, post less...

Quote Originally Posted by MSparks909 View Post
    I think what’s most surprising (at least to me) in this thread is that @GJM is still using the DPP as a CO sight. I figured you would have moved on to greener pastures by now. Your failure rate with those optics is quite frankly, astounding.
    Unfortunately there is no greener pasture.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GreggW View Post
    Why didn’t I know that Glock got rid of the slide cut out in the Gen 5 34? That is interesting.
    I was in the same boat till LV did his video.

So I got to play with the G5 G34 and I am impressed, the only thing keeping me from ever getting one is the MOS. IT pushes the rear sight all the way to the rear and there's actually an overhang with the rear sight now. I WILL get one if they make a non-MOS model. My Gen4 G34 has trijicon HD's on it, and that's a must for me on a Gen5. But I like the changes. They did get rid of the cut out, but removed material internally to keep the mass the same.

I have shot a pair of Gen 5 34 MOS pistols enough to form an impression —I love them!

Running both with DP Pro Optics and stock trigger parts, excepting a 5.0 striker spring. Have a third G5/34 inbound, that I plan to try an RMS Shield optic on it. Really, really enjoying how they recoil and, of course, their big mag well. Repeatedly getting sub two inch five shot groups at 25 yards with American Eagle 115 ball. Yet to experience a stoppage with any ammo I have tried. PMC 115 shoots 1-2 inches right of the AE 115 at 25 yards.

Nobody tell Gabe about this post.

Another voice in the wilderness - do a non-MOS version and I’m there.

George, if you do not mind me asking, what size dot are you running on your DP Pro?

Thanks very much.

Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    George, if you do not mind me asking, what size dot are you running on your DP Pro?

Thanks very much.
    There are two choices — the triangle and the dot (which is 2.5 or 3 as I recall). I run the dot, and it can be made larger by increasing the brightness. Good gaming optic not suitable for EDC.

User Tag List