Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: Gen 5 G34

Been reading this with interest. Has anyone either changed their mind or want to add to this? I’m seriously considering the 34.5 MOS for competition. Been running the 19x and really like it, but I thinking about stepping up to the 34. Also may consider the 17 but leaning more towards the 34. Found a range that has a rental that I hope to shot it this week. Feel free to add comments or suggestions.

Thread bump!

I am late to the Gen 5 game but have a used G34 G5 MOS incoming. I didn't want the MOS but its whats available right now. I had put pistol shooting on the back burner but plan to spool up, to include IDPA/USPSA again.

With respect to Glock sights I found the Warren Tacticals were my favorite on my carry G26, followed by the Trijicon HDs which I had on a gaming G34.

What is the next best thing for a U-Notch rear, MOS sized, and a single lamp? Does this exist?

The pistol incoming has Haley 13 sights installed. I will shoot them but I have a feeling the blade/notch being the same width will vex me. I will give it the college try but assume they will be removed/sold.

Warren Tactical - No MOS rear sights

Trijicon - has MOS specific rear and also a thinner front post HD XR model

Ameriglo - They have MOS specific sights. They also have MOS Agent/Bold not on the websight. I called and asked about the Agent with a U Notch and its "not available commercially" for some reason. These were noted on GlockTalk as 855, 865, 875, 885. They do have the GL-875R for sale, which I think is the Bold square notch.

10-8 - MOS rear, all black

Dawson - MOS rears

Anything else I should look into? I have some spare fronts laying around, a Wilson 245, Warren FO 215, and a 10-8 rear/Warren I can mess around with. I am looking forward to getting some rounds down range shortly.
    Last edited by rayrevolver; 07-23-2019 at 08:56 AM.

Ray:

I use the Dawson Gen 5 MOS sights, plain black rear, F/O front.

There's not much better for gaming purposes.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

what sights are y'all running on your gen5 34. I just picked one up, I have a set of Dawson Non-Cowitness MOS sights that i planned on putting on. .205t x .105w. I shoot generic 115grn range ammo.

Quote Originally Posted by wtturn View Post
    Ray:

I use the Dawson Gen 5 MOS sights, plain black rear, F/O front.

There's not much better for gaming purposes.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk
    I think I am stuck on the idea I need a lamp for the rear, even if my primary purpose is for games.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve m View Post
    what sights are y'all running on your gen5 34. I just picked one up, I have a set of Dawson Non-Cowitness MOS sights that i planned on putting on. .205t x .105w. I shoot generic 115grn range ammo.
    G34 is in hand. As I suspected the Haley 13 sights just don't blow my skirt up doing dry fire practice. I am going to shoot this weekend and see if I change my mind.

I did order an Ameriglo Agent Glock MOS Rear. They are not online with the sight yet so you need to call and ask. GL-865R is the U-Notch (0.165) and 2 dot NS. $60+10 shipped. I will try it with the Haley front (.125) and adjust from there.

Quick range session today with the new-to-me G34 G5 (seller said it was 300-400 rounds). I realize these Gen 5s are old news now, but I am slowly catching up.

Decided my first 5 rounds would be carry ammo, Win Ranger RA9T (147gr). I chose 15 yards since I think my talent runs out past that range. I rested the bottom of the trigger guard on a block of wood just for these first 5 rounds.

It was high but seemed like a decent group. POA was the bull. The numbers say: Max 1.579" 9.55 moa, ATC 0.767" 4.400moa, Width 1.579", Height 1.489", target distance 50ft.

I shot another 7 rounds for a total of 12. These 7 were offhand at 15 yards.

These were 10yards, using a Remington UMC 115gr. I was aiming at that bottom point. So again these are high.

I am going to pair the Ameriglo rear with my only taller front, a Wilson .245 and see how it shoots.
    Last edited by rayrevolver; 08-04-2019 at 03:31 PM.

User Tag List