Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Gen 5 G34

Gen 5 G34

The Glock 34 is my favorite Glock. I like the 19 and 17, and plan to pick some up in the future to replace the ones I've sold. I'm really liking my Gen 4 G34. It extracts and ejects properly, which makes me so happy. It also is a tac driver.

That said, of all the new announcements so far, I have to admit..... I'm semi exited for a Gen 5 G34. Plus the new finish will look awesome I think. Until the barrel looks like my MARK23 after a few hundred rounds.

Anyone else excited?

I too love the 34 and plan to own one as soon as Glock gets its head out of their ass and makes one sans MOS. My Gen 3 34 is long in tooth and I have a G4 in the safe with plans to replace it when I get off light duty here in a few months. Once this happens GTs is gonna get a visit.

Quote Originally Posted by secondstoryguy View Post
    I too love the 34 and plan to own one as soon as Glock gets its head out of their ass and makes one sans MOS. My Gen 3 34 is long in tooth and I have a G4 in the safe with plans to replace it when I get off light duty here in a few months. Once this happens GTs is gonna get a visit.
    I agree on the non-MOS. I thought the one I saw was non-MOS, but if they're all MOS I'm not interested.

What issues are y'all seeing with MOS? I have a Gen4 G34 MOS and haven't had any problems with it, but it doesn't have that many rounds through it either.

If I’m gonna mount an RMR for duty use it will be machined in so the MOS is useless for me. Furthermore it moves the rear sight back to the back edge of the slide. I run Ameriglos so it’s not that big of a deal but the further the sight is back the more it damages my cover garments and generally just becomes a nusance.
    Last edited by secondstoryguy; 01-24-2018 at 11:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by secondstoryguy View Post
    If I’m gonna mount an RMR for duty use it will be machined in so the MOS is useless for me. Furthermore it moves the rear sight back to the back edge of the slide. I run Ameriglos so it’s not that big of a deal but the further the sight is back the more it damages my cover garments and generally just becomes a nusance.
    Gotcha. Thanks for sharing that as I previously hadn't heard about anyone disliking the MOS guns.

Quote Originally Posted by DallasBronco View Post
    What issues are y'all seeing with MOS? I have a Gen4 G34 MOS and haven't had any problems with it, but it doesn't have that many rounds through it either.
    The MOS part is the weak link.

Quote Originally Posted by bravo7 View Post
    The MOS part is the weak link.
    I don't know what you mean by that.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by DallasBronco View Post
    I don't know what you mean by that.
    Basically the plate system allows for one more joined part that can fail and is weaker(and taller) than a direct milled option. Instead of using ameriglo suppressor sights, you have to use a much taller Dawson set. I've put a few thousand rounds down my MOS 17 without too much drama, but I used a lot of blue threadlocker.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Of course, since all available dots are compromises, MOS allows you to change as the technology does. With ample blue loctite, it is just fine for security.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

User Tag List