Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: Gen 5 G34

Quote Originally Posted by Blackbag View Post
    GJM (or others that own both), did you ever compare the performance of the G5/17 and the G5/34? After experimenting with several AIWB holsters, I prefer the Glock 34 sized holster for carry. With that being said, I need to choose between the Gen 5 17 and the Gen 5 34. Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks

John
    Sorry, I did not do that comparison.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

No problem, thanks for the reply.

I just bought a 34.5 today. Won’t be able to pick it up until next week. I was really impressed with the trigger. Is it a regular - connector or are the ones in gen 5’s different?

Quote Originally Posted by deuce9166 View Post
    I just bought a 34.5 today. Won’t be able to pick it up until next week. I was really impressed with the trigger. Is it a regular - connector or are the ones in gen 5’s different?
    The Gen 4 and Gen 5 Glocks use the same connectors.

I’d like to get a gen 5 34 but I’ve been waiting for a non-MOS. May have to just get a 17.

Quote Originally Posted by pew_pew View Post
    I’d like to get a gen 5 34 but I’ve been waiting for a non-MOS. May have to just get a 17.
    Same same. I'm pretty upset about it, because I really like the G5 34 I got to handle. I love my G4 34 a lot, but a Non-MOS variant of the G5 would be something I'd buy in a heartbeat.

bad internet double tap.
    Last edited by navyman8903; 05-25-2018 at 08:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by navyman8903 View Post
    Same same. I'm pretty upset about it, because I really like the G5 34 I got to handle. I love my G4 34 a lot, but a Non-MOS variant of the G5 would be something I'd buy in a heartbeat.
    Here, too - in my case, I don’t think I’d replace my 34.4, but a 35.5 non-MOS would be more than enough to get me to open my wallet.

Quote Originally Posted by Whiskey_Bravo View Post
    Rationality has no home here.

34.5 and a 19X be the sexier combo. 19X for carry and a 34.5 as a dedicated WML/game gun.
    I went a different direction.
    19X and a 26.5 (or 43) is the Glock hotness.
    I find the 19X to recoil flatter and transition faster than the 17 or especially the 34.
    The 34 has always felt like a pump shotgun to me, too much slide *clunk*clunk*.
    Last edited by JodyH; 05-25-2018 at 08:22 AM.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

I’ve got a 34.5 and I agree with the clunk sentiment. It’s a blast to shoot especially with the 13# recoil spring and jager guide rod.

#gamerlife

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Look! Just because we're bereaved, that doesn't make us saps!

User Tag List