Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: SureFire XH55 (Green Laser Above 1000 Lumen Light)

did this thing never become real?

Site Supporter
    Not that I know of. If 1K lumens with some throw, would be an awesome 12o'clock AR light.

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    did this thing never become real?
    Looks like it's getting there: https://www.surefire.com/products/il...e-weaponlight/

Pretty shit throw, though, based off of the candela rating, so that kills it for long gun use most likely.

Quote Originally Posted by Default.mp3 View Post
    Pretty shit throw, though, based off of the candela rating, so that kills it for long gun use most likely.
    Depends on what you're gonna do with it. This makes for a perfect optic/light for my wife with an AR/PCC/or something else. I had the XH55G prototype a few years ago and the output was 100% pistol light output, but using a carbine/pcc in place of a pistol with a pistol light is just fine.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Quote Originally Posted by Default.mp3 View Post
    Looks like it's getting there: https://www.surefire.com/products/il...e-weaponlight/

Quote Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post
    Depends on what you're gonna do with it. This makes for a perfect optic/light for my wife with an AR/PCC/or something else. I had the XH55G prototype a few years ago and the output was 100% pistol light output, but using a carbine/pcc in place of a pistol with a pistol light is just fine.
    yeah for indoor-ish use I don't know that throw is that big a deal to me.

the bigger issue is the near-$900 price...
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    yeah for indoor-ish use I don't know that throw is that big a deal to me.

the bigger issue is the near-$900 price...
    That hurts for sure, but the role and the performance in that role is what I feel super strong about. We also don't know what the street price looks like.

I do know that I am a Surefire dealer and can sell these as a package, and the Rigel was designed from the get go to fit, so order out.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

I don't need it to be Modlite or Z-Bolt levels of throw, but having almost a third of the candela as an X400UH makes it a hard sell for me. I'd rather deal with the offset and have the throw than vice versa. I'm hoping they'll make a higher throw model more in line with their pistol TIR heads, but for now, I'll pass on it. With such little throw, it's just too niche for my liking.

Don't forget that the laser module of an X400 blocks most of the view through an optic when mounted on the top rail of a rifle. I've got one rifle set up with an X400V on top, but I use and EXPS on a FAST riser, so it's not that much of an issue. This new chassis might make it disappear with a lower 1/3, or 1.93" optic height

Surefire CS says release is next month.
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

User Tag List