Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Texas Comfort AIWB

Quote Originally Posted by JodyH View Post
    His actions from around 2013 on were fraudulent IMO.
    If he's still doing leatherwork... I hope it's from a prison workshop where someone with integrity is overseeing him and making sure he does what's right.

Hopefully he's no longer in business and someone else is willing to step up and improve on the basic design.
    I ordered 3 pieces from him in early 2013. In mid 2015 after canceling my order and being forced to threaten to file a claim with my credit care company, he finally refunded my money...well, 70% of it, because he charged a 30% restocking fee.

Fuck that guy. With a dry pine-cone. Sideways.

Seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by Sherman A. House DDS View Post
    You enjoyed the imbued cigarette smell, Jody?

I had a Texas Comfort...sent it to Tom @DSG for his AIWB reference library.

civiliandefender.com
    Oh, that smell was from when you got it? Dayum...
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Quote Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post
    Oh, that smell was from when you got it? Dayum...
    Yeah Mang. I don’t smoke!

civiliandefender.com

I have a couple JRC holsters and they are outstanding. A true custom maker, my guess is he can taylor something for your preference. Both of my holsters were tweaked a bit for things like sights and cant.

Quote Originally Posted by Eli View Post
    I ordered 3 pieces from him in early 2013. In mid 2015 after canceling my order and being forced to threaten to file a claim with my credit care company, he finally refunded my money...well, 70% of it, because he charged a 30% restocking fee.

Fuck that guy. With a dry pine-cone. Sideways.

Seriously.
    WOW!! Surprised he stayed in business as long as did! 30% re-stock fee on something that never was shipped (and probably not ever made), that's criminal!
    sales@jmcustomkydex.com

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Mayer View Post
    WOW!! Surprised he stayed in business as long as did! 30% re-stock fee on something that never was shipped (and probably not ever made), that's criminal!

Yup.

If you canceled your order more than 30 days after you submitted it you were charged a 30% restocking fee. The justification was that if it had already been 30 days past when your order was placed, the Kobleson had already started working on your holster (holsterS in my case) and would have to eat the cost of the materials that he had been using. Which makes perfect sense if you're dealing with someone who's actually working on your order.

After he had my money for two years and absolutely NO communication from him, I emailed him probably 7 or 8 times trying to cancel my order. All of the emails were ignored. I sent one last email stating that if I didn't get a response I was going to hand the situation over to my credit union. He responded to THAT email in about 6 hours. He had detailed in the email where he had refunded 70% of my original purchase, and a link to his cancellation policy.

Quote Originally Posted by JAD View Post
    Do you have a Watson, Jody? They’re pretty baller. I’d be interested to have you compare the two.
    No Jody but I have owned at least two Texas Comforts. Maybe three, don't remember anymore, but two certainly. And I just received my first Watson. The basic design idea is close but they are sufficiently different. TC is one of the highest riding AIWB holsters, Jim's sits low [caveat: mine may be nonstandard, the ride height was set by me sending another holster to him as a template]. Two ride positions, different loop execution, and very unique sweatshield for Watson. Haven't developed an opinion on that yet. Better retention with Watson, one of my TC did get pretty free. Form factor different, I had a lot more input on Watson build, loop position, extra length. For my strict concealment requirements, both need foam wedge but Watson may need less of that. TC was a marvelous rig, but I just might end up liking the Watson better.
    I am really glad I got this one. With leather's durability advantage over kydex, this will give a little more comfort when travelling away from home and my readily available replacements should my primary kydex rig break.
    Last edited by YVK; 01-24-2018 at 11:12 PM.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

User Tag List