Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Sig 229 E2

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    How would you compare both the DA and SA trigger on the 229 to the LEM on your P30? Overall impression of how you shoot the 229 compared to the P30?
    IIRC - The last time I shot a P30 was about a year ago, and I'm a better shooter than I was back then. So, comparing the two is a little unfair.

Any further updates on the P229? I eventually want to get one to A/B against the P226, but I'm a little concerned about being a first adopter on the new extractor. Have you had any issues?

Quote Originally Posted by 98z28 View Post
    Any further updates on the P229? I eventually want to get one to A/B against the P226, but I'm a little concerned about being a first adopter on the new extractor. Have you had any issues?
    I have 5,000 rounds through a slide (from the 9mm x-change kits that were released before the E2 shipped) with the new extractor. No issues, wish I could tell you more but I switched to the M&P series shortly after I got the new slide.

Site Supporter
    I'm at 1400 rounds, that's 1 months worth of time and 5 range sessions.

I had four of instances where, during slow fire, the short reset wasn't short. I seem to have successfully cured my 226 of this problem, so I'm hopeful I can fix the 229 as well. It's just a simple stone/polish of the safety lever.

All good data. Thanks guys.

Site Supporter
    Last night I noticed that my front sight is dead.

Guess it's time to figure out what I'm going to do for replacement sights ... I need something fairly soon.

Site Supporter
    The Heinie 335P sights (.190" front) raise the POI 2" (@ 15Y) over the factory 8/8 sights. The ones designed for the 229, part number 338P, should maintain the same POI since they have a taller front sight (.210"). My gun was hitting 1.5" low @ 15Y with the 8/8 and a center hold. It was POA/POI with a drive-the-dot sight picture - which drives me nuts.

I know there aren't many Sig shooters around here, but there's a lack of good data points for POA/POI with Heinie sights.
    Last edited by JV_; 03-22-2012 at 06:09 PM.

I'm a bit of a Sig geek. They're mandated for work so I've done my best to embrace them for training/competetive shooting too. Re the discussion; I have a couple 226s in 9mm. One is my duty pistol and the other is a trainer/game gun. Both came printing "behind the dot" with 8/8 Mepros. I remedied the situation on the former with Straight eights (.220 rear/.190 front) and POI is at the top of the blade at 20 yards. The other wears a Warren rear (.180 tall) and a .150 tall Dawson FO up front. It also prints at the top of the FSP at 20 yards. I don't know if that helps you or not, but I figured I'd come out of lurking mode and put it out there.

T

Site Supporter
    Thanks. I was wondering about the Warrens, I have one - but haven't mounted it yet.

do you still have the p30?i'd like to try it out sometime.

User Tag List