Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Sig 229 E2

Site Supporter

Sig 229 E2

Can someone confirm a few Sig 229 statements for me?

1. The new 9mm E2 229 uses the same frame as the .40, which is wider than previous 229s.
    2. The new 9mm 15 round mags are not compatible with older (non E2) 229s.
    3. The new 9mm E2 229 can still use old 229 mags.

1. Yes
    2. Yes, the E2 9mm (229-1) mag is dimensionally the same size as a .40 mag so the new mags will fit in an older. 40/.357 gun but not an older 9mm gun if that makes sense.
    3. Yes, although the mags are different dimensionally older 228/229 mags work in the e2 (at least in my experience with my e2 9mm).

Site Supporter
    Thanks.

Between your holster question and this, I have an educated guess you're switching from Glock to Sig, JV. I wonder what do you see as a primary difference between a TDA and LEM that makes you think you'll do better with E2 than P30. Sorry for hijack, feel free to make it a separate thread.
    At any rate, good luck and let us know how it works out for you.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    I have an educated guess you're switching from Glock to Sig, JV.
    Yup, my 2nd adventure with the Gen4 19 was also a bust and I can't trust the gun. I have a 226 E2 w/ SRT showing up on Monday. I may get a 229 E2 as a backup, but I want to see how the 226 works out first. I wish I still had a hook-up for the "Friends of Sig" program.

that makes you think you'll do better with E2 than P30.
    I tried the P30 LEM, and just couldn't get used to the LONG trigger pull. There's a lot of things about the P30 that I like (mag release and grip), but I didn't perform all that well with it. What I don't miss is the sporadic parts availability with HK. Maybe a DA/SA P30 would have been better for me ...

At any rate, good luck and let us know how it works out for you.
    Thanks. I hope to hit 20-30K by the end of the year, we'll see how it holds up. There's a lot of talk about the current production Sig quality ... I guess I'm about to experience it.
    Last edited by JV_; 02-04-2012 at 06:00 PM.

Site Supporter
    Will the new 229 E2 accept standard 226 magazines?

I EDC the 226 E2. I love it. The SRT and short reach trigger rock. I have around 3,000rds through mine w/zero malfunctions, stoppages, or breakages. The reduced frame and grip are great too. I would imagine that the 229 E2 would take 226 mags as I have put 226 mags in a 229 before and if the E2 takes older style mags but older 229's won't take E2 mags, then "older" 226 mags should work in the 229 E2. I love the 20 rd mags for the gun too. I came across some factory ones at my LGS for $20 a pop and bought all 5 of them. They are surprisingly carryable and negate the need for a second mag IMO.

Interesting. I think you'll really enjoy shooting the 226. I shot a pair of 229s for 2009 and had a fantastic experience. Keeping up with dry fire was a pain, but I haven't had as much fun shooting any other pistol. I often think of going back, but I'm no longer as dedicated as I was back then.

Site Supporter
    Vinh - Do you still have the 229? I was hoping to try one before purchasing the backup gun.

Yes, will try to meet up with you this week at NRA.

User Tag List