Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Colt “Night Cobra” at Shot Show

February ship date per the Colt guy.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

That's getting pretty close to an ideal off-the-rack revolver for both the enthusiast, and the sock drawer crowd.

CWM11B
    What's the conventional wisdom in street price? I'm hoping around 600- 650 ish.

Colt “Night Cobra” at Shot Show

Over on the Colt forum there’s a lot of complaining about the finish and the bobbed hammer. They mostly seem to want a high polished blued version to look at and keep in their safes. I’m glad they’ve made one to be used and hopefully well made enough to be used hard. I’d love to see this one made with a alloy frame but as the owner of a SP101 and a GP100 I can deal with the stainless frame.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Eastex; 01-23-2018 at 10:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BigT View Post
    Very nice sight picture. And the tritium is definitely visible when you leave me up the sights.

Front sight seems to be retained in the same way as the other Cobras.

Trigger was substantially ally better than the Cobra next to it. And that didn’t have a bad trigger at all.
    I remember reading the rumors about this version and there being something about improved trigger geometry to make the DA pull even better. It sounds like you may have seen that first hand. I’ll really be interested to see someone dig into one now.

Site Supporter
    My biggest complaint when I carried a Detective Special was the sights. This gun definitely solves that problem. DLC is hard to beat for a finish.

Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

Quote Originally Posted by Sidheshooter View Post
    That's getting pretty close to an ideal off-the-rack revolver for both the enthusiast, and the sock drawer crowd.
    Yep. Would love to see this for a great carry gun and a 3” version for home defense duties.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Looks like the tritium front sight is from xs sights.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Eastex View Post
    Over on the Colt forum there’s a lot of complaining about the finish and the bobbed hammer. They mostly seem to want a high polished blued version to look at and keep in their safes. I’m glad they’ve made one to be used and hopefully well made enough to be used hard. I’d love to see this one made with a alloy frame but as the owner of a SP101 and a GP100 I can deal with the stainless frame.
    Sort of the difference between "users" and "collectors", I guess. I'd prefer a bobbed hammer, CT grips, and whichever finish is cheaper.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by Eastex View Post

Colt forum guys would bitch if Colt sent them each $100 bill, because it wasn't in 20s.

Most of them haven't bought the new Cobra or a new 1911 in 30 years, because "Old Colt was better".

User Tag List