Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Colt “Night Cobra” at Shot Show

Site Supporter
    If COLT can get six rounds into this gun, then why can't Ruger do the same with the SP101?

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    If COLT can get six rounds into this gun, then why can't Ruger do the same with the SP101?
    Lack of obsession for .357 Mag is the best answer I can see with the Colt.

Holsters.....so far have two #25 Safariland holsters. One for pocket and one bolted into Thunderwear. With an Ares belt it is workable in a pocket of heavier pants or shorts like I wear. I have a #27 Safariland on the way. Hoping it fits. I hope to see a DSG or similar for this gun.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Quote Originally Posted by Dagga Boy View Post
    It is in hand and so far I am very impressed. Range on Monday to really get a feel and initial thoughts.
    How close is it in size to a Detective Special?

That would match my 36 well.

Quote Originally Posted by DAVE_M View Post
    How close is it in size to a Detective Special?

That would match my 36 well.

Very close to the original Det. Special. The trigger guard is significantly bigger. While I am not a big fan of the bigger trigger guard, it is because snow scares me and I don’t live in places with lots of it. This gun would make a fantastic winter coat pocket gun and being able to shoot it in gloves is important.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.

I am doing a lot of dry handling work with it. I didn’t like the sharp edge of the loader cut area on the VZ grips. The beauty of the grips was a few minutes with a small file and it is great now with no visual issues to the grips. I have been happiest working with Bianchi speed strips over speed loaders.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dagga Boy View Post
    Lack of obsession for .357 Mag is the best answer I can see with the Colt.
    Maybe because the Magnum Carry didn't do so well?

http://www.coltfever.com/Magnum_Carry.html

Frankly, in a snubby, I don't know that any increase in "stopping power" is worth the trade off of increased flash/blast/recoil over .38 +P. And I own an SP101.
    Last edited by Chuck Whitlock; 06-18-2018 at 10:25 AM.
    "It's surprising how often you start wondering just how featureless a desert some people's inner landscapes must be."
    -Maple Syrup Actual

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Whitlock View Post
    Maybe because the Magnum Carry didn't do so well?

http://www.coltfever.com/Magnum_Carry.html

Frankly, in a snubby, I don't know that any increase in "stopping power" is worth the trade off of increased flash/blast/recoil over .38 +P. And I own an SP101.
    That is the big difference. My SP101 has always been a .357 Magnum and treated like it. It was ground up built as a .357 Magnum. I am already forming some positive thoughts for where the Colt Cobras fit in the world today.

DB,
    What load(s) are you currently using in your SP101?

I'm currently using Win Ranger 130 +P .38s, but I'd like to try out the Hornady Critical Duty Magnum offering, or just say "screw it" and pony up the premium for old-school Silvertips.
    "It's surprising how often you start wondering just how featureless a desert some people's inner landscapes must be."
    -Maple Syrup Actual

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Whitlock View Post
    DB,
    What load(s) are you currently using in your SP101?

I'm currently using Win Ranger 130 +P .38s, but I'd like to try out the Hornady Critical Duty Magnum offering, or just say "screw it" and pony up the premium for old-school Silvertips.
    I haven’t used it in years, but it was carried almost exclusively with the old Black Talon .357 Magnum load. 180 grain bullet running around a 1000 FPS from the SP101.
    Last edited by Dagga Boy; 06-18-2018 at 11:50 AM.

I'm tempted to pick one up, to scratch my wheelgun itch.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

User Tag List