Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 LastLast

Thread: Colt “Night Cobra” at Shot Show

Quote Originally Posted by Trooper224 View Post
    Are we talking about a one piece MIM barrel, or an inner barrel with a cast shroud like S&W's using now?
    Not sure as the shroud extends beyond the muzzle to protect the rifling. I believe it to be a one-piece barrel, but one will have to be sectioned to be sure.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by deputyG23 View Post
    He wrote an article in the late '70s or early '80s that described having the Patridge sight for a gun grab attempt, I believe. I no longer have the article.
    Sometime in the '80s or (?) '90s he wrote an article with something along the lines of wanting to weld razor blades along the front sight, but couldn't get approval from management. Probably in American Handgunner. He wasn't joking much.
    @Mas

Quote Originally Posted by Willard View Post
    I do not prefer them if they can be avoided.
    I get it....just trying to get a “why”. If the quality that Colt is known for in this area is solid, I am not seeing a massive issue. You want a forged steel hand fitted Colt....they are out there. The issue now is we are working with modern companies making tools with the people and technology that is practical today. The biggest issue with MIM has been QC related and not necessarily the process itself.
    Last edited by Dagga Boy; 06-20-2018 at 07:57 PM.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    The Safariland Comp-II loaders for a K-frame work for a Colt DS (at least, mine). Do you know if that's also true for the Cobra?

Also, does anyone know whether not Crimson Trace is going to make lasergrips for this gun? They made them for the R.51 and the K6 before any of them were out.
    In my experience they work best the other way around. Colt's like a little jiggle to the bullets and K-Frames seem to not care - so Comp-IIs for a DS should work for you. I've used Comp IIs for DS with D-Frames and K-Frames without issues. But I'm still an HKS guy...

Site Supporter
    I tried the HKS DS loader in the new cobra and ran into the same issues as the K-frame Comp-IIs. Didn't quite seem to release 100%. The comp-IIs actually had better luck.

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    In my experience they work best the other way around. Colt's like a little jiggle to the bullets and K-Frames seem to not care - so Comp-IIs for a DS should work for you. I've used Comp IIs for DS with D-Frames and K-Frames without issues. But I'm still an HKS guy...

Quote Originally Posted by Trooper224 View Post
    Are we talking about a one piece MIM barrel, or an inner barrel with a cast shroud like S&W's using now?
    Confirmed to be one piece.

Quote Originally Posted by NPV View Post
    Confirmed to be one piece.
    Interesting. I wonder if that's the first use of MIM for a barrel?
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

@Dagga Boy I realize this is both relative and subjective, but does your Night Cobra feel softer shooting than your 640 Pro?

Quote Originally Posted by Padwan View Post
    @Dagga Boy I realize this is both relative and subjective, but does your Night Cobra feel softer shooting than your 640 Pro?
    Yes. The Cobra actually replaced the 640 Pro and in the role I used the 640 Pro for. I just got back from my vacation house and carried the Night Cobra a ton in a small fanny pack and while cycling a lot. I really like it.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

I just gifted my self a birthday present with a Night Cobra today. It appears to not require any "tweaks" right out of the box. I am optimistic that a few range sessions will affirm that it is a solid piece for concealed carry. I just like snubbies for some reason.

My wife counted up the handguns I have collected and ask why I needed it. My response was we both know I don't need it but I genuinely find pleasure in them.

User Tag List