Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Colt “Night Cobra” at Shot Show

Site Supporter
    Luckily they all failed to get out of committee (except the bump stock ban) but they are all listed here https://www.nraila.org/articles/2018...-meet-deadline

Quote Originally Posted by BillSWPA View Post
    I am curious about this as well, particularly if it is so bad that it would relegate people to revolvers.

A NY state law limiting magazine capacity to 7 rounds has so far not done well in court, but my understanding is that the appeals are not yet complete. Looking at those opinions, as well as the briefs filed by the pro-2A side, would be worthwhile for those fighting this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don’t think we’re out of the woods yet. HB 1387 is still in committee, and that’s the one requiring a 50 dollar annual renewal license with training requirement meeting as-yet unspecified standards to own an AR, G19 or 10/22, as well as any magazines above 10 rounds, along with proof of safe storage, and unloaded transportation requirements, among other onerous stuff. As written, possession of any semiauto handgun with the capability to accept a ‘high capacity magazine’ without the annual license—linked to prints, photo, the DOL and storage address—would be a class C felony. Capability to accept could well mean a G26 or a 1911...

Me and mine have been writing letters.

My understanding is that the companion bill sb5444 was voted out of committee.
    Last edited by Totem Polar; 02-06-2018 at 02:50 AM.

You can get email status updates and contact your state rep here - http://app.leg.wa.gov/billsummary?Bi...5444&Year=2017

The GOAL Post: Gun Owners Action League of Washington - Gun Owners Best Friend in Washington
    Instructions for subscribing at the bottom.
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

Quote Originally Posted by Drang View Post
    The GOAL Post: Gun Owners Action League of Washington - Gun Owners Best Friend in Washington
    Instructions for subscribing at the bottom.
    I hope you’re a whiskey drinker, dude, because I owe you a first-class manhattan whenever we intersect in the meat world.

That is just what I’ve been looking for. The NRA-ILA page and the WAGOV site are both woefully incomplete. Subscribing in 3, 2, 1...

Quote Originally Posted by Sidheshooter View Post
    I hope you’re a whiskey drinker, dude, because I owe you a first-class manhattan whenever we intersect in the meat world.

That is just what I’ve been looking for. The NRA-ILA page and the WAGOV site are both woefully incomplete. Subscribing in 3, 2, 1...
    Gee, if only someone else had been posting that on a blog or something, since about 2008...
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

Going back to the Night Cobra, only thing I would like to see added at this higher price point is a bit more rounding on some of the edges. On the New Cobra, some of them are on the sharper side. Thats one thing Kimber gets right.

Site Supporter
    So I just picked up a regular cobra the other day is there a list of good to go holsters somewhere? I looked through the 40 pages of the first cobra thread and came up short. I would love to find a good IWB holster with a neutral can't so it could be worn strong side or in a cross draw position for as a back up gun. So far I haven't found too many makers that actually make one for the new cobra.

Site Supporter
    Take a look at the FIST Kydex holsters. I have one for a 1995 Detective Special. I do not know if they will fit the newer models, but it is likely one of your best starting points. It is one of my favorite holsters for the 1995 gun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

How are these turning out...?

User Tag List