Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Colt “Night Cobra” at Shot Show

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Darryl, do you have any pictures of you shooting from the left side -- I am interested in how much and how high you get with your support hand.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Darryl how much smaller is the new Cobra compared to something like a 2" Model 10 or 2.5" Model 19? Sorry if the answer is obvious I have no experience with Colt revolvers.

Quote Originally Posted by Dagga Boy View Post
    Wife and I shot them today. First six rounds were in a tight center cluster at ten yards. Recoil is light and the guns are simply easy to shoot well. No major issues at all and no hiccups. Photo of steel target is the first six out of the gun.
    Man, POA/POI on that NS dot was just about the only objection left for the internal sales guy (the one in red, on my shoulder) to overcome...

Quote Originally Posted by Sidheshooter View Post
    Man, POA/POI on that NS dot was just about the only objection left for the internal sales guy (the one in red, on my shoulder) to overcome...
    It hit dead on for me with 130 FMJ loads.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

It hit dead on for me with 130 FMJ loads.
    Stahhhhp... you’re killing me over here.

I think I need to buy another new Cobra.

It’s pretty tight with the speed loader, but the cylinder spacing and size seemed to be really easy loading off strips.
    Thanks, I wondered if it was a design issue or one of convenience. When I last carried a gun like this on a frequent basis, I found myself using speed strips more often than not.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

Does anyone know if those VZ grips on the Night Cobra will fit a vintage Detective Special?
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

Quote Originally Posted by Trooper224 View Post
    Does anyone know if those VZ grips on the Night Cobra will fit a vintage Detective Special?
    Thanks...beat me too it.

I am already forming some positive thoughts for where the Colt Cobras fit in the world today.
    Sounds like it's a little too big for me to pocket carry, but I could go all @Mike Pipes and carry a Colt AIWB and a 642 in my pocket and feel pretty good about it.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    Sounds like it's a little too big for me to pocket carry, but I could go all @Mike Pipes and carry a Colt AIWB and a 642 in my pocket and feel pretty good about it.
    OR a pair of cobras AIWB and a 642 in da pocket.............CYA RETRO
    The Thin Blue Line is TOO Thin........Thug Life Must End

User Tag List