Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Colt “Night Cobra” at Shot Show

Quote Originally Posted by Dagga Boy View Post
    I have been happiest working with Bianchi speed strips over speed loaders.

Can you elaborate on that?
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    If COLT can get six rounds into this gun, then why can't Ruger do the same with the SP101?
    Ruger probably could redesign the SP-101 to hold six rounds, but it would be a major undertaking. The rim of a cartridge is very close to the cylinder ratchet, and modifying the cylinder to hold the extra round would require an increase in diameter (and the corresponding change in the frame window) and/or a re-positioned firing pin. The bolt notches would also have to move to every 60 degrees from the current every 72 degrees.

Ruger could do all of it, but I am not sure the demand for a six-round SP-101 exists. The SP-101 is strong enough to handle most .357 rounds, and a six-shot version probably would not be without being a bigger revolver. I cannot see Ruger putting out a weaker gun, but Ruger did offer a smaller Vaquero. So it might be possible.

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    If COLT can get six rounds into this gun, then why can't Ruger do the same with the SP101?
    Redesign the SP-101 to hold six and what do you get? A Speed Six.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

Quote Originally Posted by Trooper224 View Post
    Can you elaborate on that?
    It’s pretty tight with the speed loader, but the cylinder spacing and size seemed to be really easy loading off strips.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Wife and I shot them today. First six rounds were in a tight center cluster at ten yards. Recoil is light and the guns are simply easy to shoot well. No major issues at all and no hiccups. Photo of steel target is the first six out of the gun.
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.

Darryl, do you have any pictures of you shooting from the left side -- I am interested in how much and how high you get with your support hand.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Is this a candidate for pocket carry?

Quote Originally Posted by feudist View Post

If you can AIWB Darryl's harpoon gun, this one should be a no brainer to pocket carry.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by feudist View Post
    With a good belt and Duluth pants I can do it.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Cripes, this thread’s gonna cost me money.

Damn the iPhone Typos!
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

User Tag List