Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Colt “Night Cobra” at Shot Show

Site Supporter
    I have been holding off picking up another J frame, but so far I have not seen one of these at my LGS.
    Polite Professional

Site Supporter
    Waiting for an “Airweight” version....

I am picking my Night Cobra up this week. It is going to be a long termish test with my wife running my regular Cobra as sort of a home defense and purse gun and I will be carrying the Night Cobra. We will also be running both at the Revolver Round Up. I simply hope both will be good, and will be honest if they are not. My wife is brand new to revolvers and they are a long time passion for me. Should be an interesting concept of basically a newbie and someone with over three decades of revolver experience and our take on the Cobra's.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Quote Originally Posted by Dagga Boy View Post
    I am picking my Night Cobra up this week. It is going to be a long termish test with my wife running my regular Cobra as sort of a home defense and purse gun and I will be carrying the Night Cobra...I simply hope both will be good, and will be honest if they are not.
    Looking forward to your report.
    I keep looking at the (modern) Cobra but haven't taken the plunge of acquiring one yet.
    "Therefore, since the world has still... Much good, but much less good than ill,
    And while the sun and moon endure, Luck's a chance, but trouble's sure,
    I'd face it as a wise man would, And train for ill and not for good." -- A.E. Housman

Quote Originally Posted by Dagga Boy View Post
    I am picking my Night Cobra up this week. It is going to be a long termish test with my wife running my regular Cobra as sort of a home defense and purse gun and I will be carrying the Night Cobra. We will also be running both at the Revolver Round Up. I simply hope both will be good, and will be honest if they are not. My wife is brand new to revolvers and they are a long time passion for me. Should be an interesting concept of basically a newbie and someone with over three decades of revolver experience and our take on the Cobra's.

Are they in the wild yet?
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Are they in the wild yet?
    A little bit. I haven't actually seen it yet, but my FFL said its in. In my final days at work and then will have some significant time to devote to it and a couple other projects.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

After handling a Cobra I'm highly interested in these, eagerly awaiting some real world data and experience. I REALLY want this to be a good one.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

@Dagga Boy you already sold me a Model 28 this week and pending the review of the Night Cobra I may feel compelled to add one of those to the safe too, my wallet can't keep up with this forum.

Following with interest. I’d like to get a nice heavier snub to go with my X42s. I’m leaning towards a 640 Pro for holster and speed loader compatibility but could be swayed.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Bratch View Post
    Following with interest. I’d like to get a nice heavier snub to go with my X42s. I’m leaning towards a 640 Pro for holster and speed loader compatibility but could be swayed.
    Likewise. The D frame Colts always fit my hand better than J Smiths. I am slowly gathering a group of fixed sight .38 guns for LEOSA carry in mag restricted states after retirement, whenever that happens. An airweight version with a shrouded or bobbed hammer will cause me to open my wallet quickly.
    Speed loader compatibility would be important to me if carrying a revolver on a duty belt with proper loader pouches but in regular clothing, K sized loaders are harder to carry. I carry at least one speed strip sometimes supplemented with a Galco 2x2x2 belt pouch if wearing a tails out shirt.
    HKS K frame loaders will usually work with older Colt D frames. Can’t comment on the new Cobra in that regard.
    Last edited by deputyG23; 06-15-2018 at 05:51 AM.

User Tag List