Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Colt “Night Cobra” at Shot Show

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    The Kimbers don't seem to be flying off the shelves at ~$800+.
    They must be doing okay, since they keep on expanding the line. 3 inch barrels at Shot Show. But you're right, for the same price range, I'd get another Colt.

But, hey, Kimber is moving to Alabama. Maybe that will lead to lower prices. Or maybe better QC.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I’d do the Colt all day long over the K6, personally. It must not be just me, because I’ve actually seen a Colt or two at the range now, and I’ve never seen anyone shooting a K6. The finish on the K6 is great, but there’s just something off-putting about the overall feel of the whole package in the hand.

If revolvers had an uncanny valley, the K6 would be sitting right at the bottom, with the streams, thick foilage and occasional body dumps.

Conversely, the Colt feels perfect to me. If the utilitarian finish bothers, there’s always "target focus."

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by chingy98 View Post
    But, hey, Kimber is moving to Alabama. Maybe that will lead to lower prices. Or maybe better QC.
    I'd say "dream on". It takes a goodly abount of time to get a new manufacturing operation up and running and all of the bugs worked out. Besides that, nobody's going to get skilled employees at burger-flipping wages.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

A pretty good look at it. I like it, very business like. Other than the price there’s nothing extra on it....well, maybe a few ounces a aluminum alloy frame could have shaved off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Eastex View Post
    A pretty good look at it. I like it, very business like. Other than the price there’s nothing extra on it....well, maybe a few ounces a aluminum alloy frame could have shaved off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That gun with an aluminum alloy frame would be the next thing I would make if I were making decisions for Colt. I have come across a few different knowledgeable people who prefer the aluminum D frames over everything else for things like ankle carry.

If I still carried revolvers for serious purposes and set out to design a perfect primary concealed carry gun, the steel frame one pictured above is what it would look like.
    Last edited by BillSWPA; 01-26-2018 at 05:20 PM.

Site Supporter
    I was really impressed with the Night Cobra (well at least with everything but the name). The grips felt really good, and the trigger was excellent. Assuming the trigger is the same on production models, this seems like the perfect carry revolver.

Site Supporter
    Colt needs a lightweight alloy version and crimson trace boot grips. I’d love a theee inch version but I’d buy a two inch lightweight for pocket and ankle carry first

I want to at least finger one.
    Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    Oh man, that's right. I forgot that some people feel like they need light SA triggers in DA guns instead of just learning to shoot the gun better. You can get a Redhawk DA trigger pull down to 10 lbs, and if you can't manage that you suck and should probably just practice more.
    *RS Regulate Affiliate*

Site Supporter
    The sites I have seen listing the prices already have them at $850 pretty much across the board. Most likely won't go down for a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Sidheshooter View Post
    This. $799 maybe, but not for early adopters.

Really want to love this gun, but have a hard time trusting Colt's handgun quality since the 1980's.

Hope this one proves me wrong.

User Tag List