Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Colt “Night Cobra” at Shot Show

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    Colt forum guys would bitch if Colt sent them each $100 bill, because it wasn't in 20s.

Most of them haven't bought the new Cobra or a new 1911 in 30 years, because "Old Colt was better".
    My view, 30 and 40 years ago was that Colt was building a lot of lemons. The new 1911 made on CNC machines tend to work out of the box, which often wasn't the case in the past. (Indeed, for the most part the quality of many and perhaps most pistols has improved in the last 40 years).

And, while I love that old Colt royal blue (1) it really isn't a great finish for a carry/sock drawer revolver; and (2) the polishing that goes with it would make these $1000 guns.

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    Colt forum guys would bitch if Colt sent them each $100 bill, because it wasn't in 20s.

Most of them haven't bought the new Cobra or a new 1911 in 30 years, because "Old Colt was better".
    Brandcentric forums are all guilty of that, not just Colt. They're typically filled with participants who are more concerned with the font on a roll mark than with relaibility. They'll bitch because the company offers nothing new, then bitch when it does because it's selling out, etc., etc. Take your pick: Colt, S&W, Beretta, Sig, H&K, they're all the same. They're all about brand masturbation, not guncraft. There's nothing wrong with all that I suppose. One spends/wastes ones time and money where one chooses. After all, the bullshit meter has pegged pretty high on here from time to time. A proper adjustment of expectations is necessary when jumping into the time suck that is the interwebz.
    Last edited by Trooper224; 01-24-2018 at 04:44 PM.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

Quote Originally Posted by Trooper224 View Post
    Brandcentric forums are all guilty of that, not just Colt. They're typically filled with participants who are more concerned with the font on a roll mark than with relaibility. They'll bitch because the company offers nothing new, then bitch when it does because it's selling out, etc., etc. Take your pick: Colt, S&W, Beretta, Sig, H&K, they're all the same. They're all about brand masturbation, not guncraft. There's nothing wrong with all that I suppose. One spends/wastes ones time and money where one chooses. After all, the bullshit meter has pegged pretty high on here from time to time. A proper adjustment of expectations is necessary when jumping into the time suck that is the interwebz.
    Brandcentric forums are good for one thing - buying specific guns at decent prices.

Otherwise, I totally agree.

Quote Originally Posted by CWM11B View Post
    What's the conventional wisdom in street price? I'm hoping around 600- 650 ish.
    Current colt is 699 msrp and sells for 649ish street as of now. Or at least, I got mine for 649, and I had to search for it.

With an 899 msrp, I doubt it'll got for less than 800.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by chingy98 View Post
    Current colt is 699 msrp and sells for 649ish street as of now. Or at least, I got mine for 649, and I had to search for it.

With an 899 msrp, I doubt it'll got for less than 800.
    This. $799 maybe, but not for early adopters.

In the '80's it used to be SOP to bring home your new 1911 and send it off to the smith of your choice for a "reliability package." Now we expect them to feed holler points out of the box....
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sidheshooter View Post
    This. $799 maybe, but not for early adopters.
    The Kimbers don't seem to be flying off the shelves at ~$800+.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Site Supporter
    I really like the gun but the opportunity cost of the other things that could be done with $800 makes it unlikely I would get one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    The Kimbers don't seem to be flying off the shelves at ~$800+.
    You said the "K" word . . . though maybe that is allowed on the Revolver forum because Kimber revolvers haven't proven themselves to be overpriced lemons. Yet.

User Tag List