Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast

Thread: Colt “Night Cobra” at Shot Show

Site Supporter

Sticky ejector rod

Has any one else had this issue? I was doing my daily dry fire/snap cap reloads with speed loaders and decided to make it more challenging by using the cobra, as the speed loaders don't fit it perfectly. I haven't really run the gun hard and after giving the ejector a standard hard smack it stayed down. It appears the end of the ejector that is textured is getting stuck. I have found one other thread where this happened on another forum, but curious if any one here has had this issue with the cobra or night cobra. Also is this something to be worried about? A quick poke of the star makes it pop back out, but it happens 99 out of a 100 and sometimes with only thumb pressure. I am more worried about inducing a malfunction that cannot be recovered from or bending the ejector.

Quote Originally Posted by Dagga Boy View Post
    I am doing a lot of dry handling work with it. I didn’t like the sharp edge of the loader cut area on the VZ grips. The beauty of the grips was a few minutes with a small file and it is great now with no visual issues to the grips. I have been happiest working with Bianchi speed strips over speed loaders.
    Not to go all off-topic DB, but what's that blade???

Sigh, I’ve been avoiding this thread for months. Shoulda hit the ignore thread tool so it wouldn’t keep popping up. Now I’ve read all 17 pages and have an itch for one. The stainless Cobra really didn’t appeal to me. This does.

My wallet keeps telling me I should add DB to my ignore list, but I keep telling it to have a big ol’ glass of shut the hell up. Every time he posts a pic with Spegel grips I end up on eBay and all over the interwebz looking for a pair.

I think I can hold out for a while to see how they’re holding up and to give Tony M time to get a mold to make holsters with.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by rathos View Post
    Has any one else had this issue? I was doing my daily dry fire/snap cap reloads with speed loaders and decided to make it more challenging by using the cobra, as the speed loaders don't fit it perfectly. I haven't really run the gun hard and after giving the ejector a standard hard smack it stayed down. It appears the end of the ejector that is textured is getting stuck. I have found one other thread where this happened on another forum, but curious if any one here has had this issue with the cobra or night cobra. Also is this something to be worried about? A quick poke of the star makes it pop back out, but it happens 99 out of a 100 and sometimes with only thumb pressure. I am more worried about inducing a malfunction that cannot be recovered from or bending the ejector.
    Mine too. Gun was apparently designed around a thumb on the ejector reload. I think as time goes on the sharpness of the knitting will wear down a little and it should stop. For how I use mine and my wife’s it is not a massive concern, but something to keep an eye on. I look at is engineers doing improved stuff without asking anyone who really knows how to use stuff. I ll have a range session next week with mine and see how extraction of empty’s goes.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Quote Originally Posted by blake_g View Post
    Not to go all off-topic DB, but what's that blade???
    It was a special one done by Kiku Matsuda for Salient based on my design just miniaturized. Salient gave me a hand ground one in black PVD as a thank you. Perfect companion to the Cobra.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.

It was a special one done by Kiku Matsuda for Salient based on my design just miniaturized. Salient gave me a hand ground one in black PVD as a thank you. Perfect companion to the Cobra.
    Nice - so if I'm hearing you correctly, no chance of finding one just kicking through the pawn shop... I kid... thanks for the quick response...

I look at is engineers doing improved stuff without asking anyone who really knows how to use stuff.
    Watching this revolver's development with interest despite some reservations regarding MIM components and price compared to a real Cobra / Det Special (repairs/replacement parts for those becoming an issue though). Get a lot from your posts, but not following what this means. Is this sarcasm or do you think the ejector rod is improved somehow even though it is catching if not used with the thumb method?

Quote Originally Posted by Willard View Post
    Watching this revolver's development with interest despite some reservations regarding MIM components and price compared to a real Cobra / Det Special (repairs/replacement parts for those becoming an issue though). Get a lot from your posts, but not following what this means. Is this sarcasm or do you think the ejector rod is improved somehow even though it is catching if not used with the thumb method?
    Sarcasm. I don’t have an issue with good MIM, which Colt is known to not have this be an issue. The idea of an ejector rod without a large end piece is not an improvement in my book, but somebody likely thought it was.

Sarcasm. I don’t have an issue with good MIM, which Colt is known to not have this be an issue. The idea of an ejector rod without a large end piece is not an improvement in my book, but somebody likely thought it was.
    Thanks. I thought there might be something I was missing, so wanted to clarify. Appreciate it. Looking forward to your article.

CWM11B
    Any updates on this snub as to reliability/QC, etc.? I've yet to see one locally and am still interested in getting one, but the review and info stream seems to have gone dark.

User Tag List