Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Colt “Night Cobra” at Shot Show

Does the barrel appear to be MIM? I've read that and for me at least it is disconcerting. Otherwise, I like the concept. Haven't seen locally.
    Thanks.

Although I'm seriously jonesing for a certain 3" M58 right know, this Night Cobra may be the perfect size for most of my office days. Field days, still need to get that M58 bought.

Aside from the M9A1 serving side of the bed duty, I am rolling most days with a wheelie, and really liking it.

Really looking forward to you wringing out this new Colt offering.

Quote Originally Posted by Willard View Post
    Does the barrel appear to be MIM? I've read that and for me at least it is disconcerting. Otherwise, I like the concept. Haven't seen locally.
    Thanks.
    The barrel is definitely a casting of some sort. The mold parting line is clearly visible on the ejector rod shroud. The new Cobra has a lot of molded parts, and the parts are not cleaned up to hide the parting lines, sprues, or ejector pin marks.

That being said, both of my samples are well fit. The cylinder to forcing cone gap on one would not allow me to get a 0.001" feeler gauge into the gap. I was concerned that it would bind after shooting, but so far that has not been the case. The other sample allows the same feeler gauge to barely enter.

The revolvers are not the well-finished snake guns of decades past, but they seem to be much better tools than the old guns.
    Last edited by farscott; 06-20-2018 at 06:14 AM.

Get a few out there with 10,000 rounds and they are doing ok, I might look at one.

And now I want an old fashin... six shooter... wait.. it does hold as least that much right??
    Founder Of Keepers Concealment and Lead trainer. Affiliate of CCW Safe, Use discount code ( KC10off )Sign up here https://ccwsafe.com/ref/B65241653

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Prdator View Post
    And now I want an old fashin... six shooter... wait.. it does hold as least that much right??
    Yep. Six rounds. That was the big selling point of the Colt snubbies versus the Smith Chiefs 5 shooters back in the day.

Quote Originally Posted by Willard View Post
    Thanks.
    Can you lay out why a MIM barrel assembly on the Cobra is a big issue? What exactly is the problem?
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Are we talking about a one piece MIM barrel, or an inner barrel with a cast shroud like S&W's using now?
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

Quote Originally Posted by farscott View Post
    The barrel is definitely a casting of some sort. The mold parting line is clearly visible on the ejector rod shroud. The new Cobra has a lot of molded parts, and the parts are not cleaned up to hide the parting lines, sprues, or ejector pin marks.

That being said, both of my samples are well fit. The cylinder to forcing cone gap on one would not allow me to get a 0.001" feeler gauge into the gap. I was concerned that it would bind after shooting, but so far that has not been the case. The other sample allows the same feeler gauge to barely enter.

The revolvers are not the well-finished snake guns of decades past, but they seem to be much better tools than the old guns.
    Thanks. Good to know.

Quote Originally Posted by Dagga Boy View Post
    Can you lay out why a MIM barrel assembly on the Cobra is a big issue? What exactly is the problem?
    I do not prefer them if they can be avoided.

User Tag List