Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: ARC's new action - the Nucleus bolt action

I know the short action is more practical but the perverse side of me wants to go with the long action.

Special intro pricing on action, bolt heads and BarLoc expires tonight - was extended to January 31.

I’m having a mild heart attack thinking about how much $ I’ve got tied up in my Tikka w/ custom barrel as compared to PVA’s current deal on a barreled action with a Nucleus and a Rock Creek barrel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wonder what I could sell my SA .308 700 for.... Not sure that it's worth it to have it trued.
    #RESIST

...and pricing has been extended to midnight tonight, "12:01am February 2"). ARC suspending Nucleus orders after then and until they are caught up.

Crews, I feel you. I would have been in the same boat a few months from now. I was actually searching for Tikka/WTO SwitchLug compatibility (none at present) when I found the Nucleus release.

Honestly, you won't be missing out on any accuracy or potential teething problems.

Trying hard to resist a 2nd action...

Trying to resist buying one.. but its kinda like a no brainer to get it...

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    I wonder what I could sell my SA .308 700 for.... Not sure that it's worth it to have it trued.
    You're basically polishing a turd. I'm not calling Remington actions turds as I have been shooting them for years, but they lack in a lot of areas when you compare them to the new stuff coming out.

The last one I had trued, about 4 years ago by a local gunsmith, cost $150 and I had $250 into the action so $400 total but it still has a stock bolt knob, large firing pin which craters the small primers in my 6x47L loads, and isn't nearly as tight and smooth as the custom actions.
    -Seconds Count. Misses Don't-

Quote Originally Posted by schüler View Post
    Crews, I feel you. I would have been in the same boat a few months from now. I was actually searching for Tikka/WTO SwitchLug compatibility (none at present) when I found the Nucleus release.

Honestly, you won't be missing out on any accuracy or potential teething problems.

Trying hard to resist a 2nd action...
    There is definitely no shame in the Tikka, it’s absolutely the best stock action to have. And now it is possible to get prefit barrels with a barrel nut from PVA.

Quote Originally Posted by Crews View Post
    There is definitely no shame in the Tikka, it’s absolutely the best stock action to have. And now it is possible to get prefit barrels with a barrel nut from PVA.

How is the Tikka the best action to have?
    -Seconds Count. Misses Don't-

All just my humble opinion here... but they are really smooth and fun to operate. Already have a side bolt release that I like. And they are pretty square right off the line, no need to spend a bunch of bucks at the smith.

I have had gunsmith-worked 700’s and M70’s. While they were nice and worked well, I just like my Tikka action way better.

User Tag List