Thread: Killed my j frame.

Killed my j frame.

Today I was at the range focusing on my first shot. I spent the afternoon drawing my s&w model 60-14 from my pocket and making one shot and repeat. I came home very confident that my j frame is the one I want if I have to make the first shot count. When I draw and fire I am familiar enough to make the shot count. I came home a disassembled it to clean it. I got everything scrubbed and noticed when I was going back together that something wasn't right. I then realized the trigger pivot pin in the frame is missing. Argh my friend and companion my 100% reliable revolvers never fail revolver broke. I have carried this gun thousands of miles and thousands upon thousands of rounds. Can this be repaired? Will S&W freak out because the hammer has been bobbed?

It doesn’t have to go home. I don’t know what S&W would do with a gun that has been modified. It may return to you stock, which would be a bummer if you have had trigger work on it.

It can be repaired by the factory. One way is quick and aesthetically unpleasing, and the other way doesn't harm the looks of the gun but usually takes a while for them to fix. They'll explain when you call.
    Last edited by 41magfan; 01-21-2018 at 06:17 PM.
    The path of least resistance will seldom get you where you need to be.

Quote Originally Posted by shooter220 View Post
    It doesn’t have to go home. I don’t know what S&W would do with a gun that has been modified. It may return to you stock, which would be a bummer if you have had trigger work on it.
    The only work other than the hammer is several thousands of rounds have smoothed everything up to super smooth.

Quote Originally Posted by 41magfan View Post
    It can be repaired by the factory. One way is quick and aesthetically unpleasing, and the other way doesn't harm the looks of the gun but usually takes a while for them to fix. They'll explain when you call.
    Years of pocket carry has rendered it aesthetically unpleasing. I can't wait for them to open tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by shooter220 View Post
    They return it stock but also return it with the parts that were in it when it arrived.
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

Will leave today on a FedEx truck heading back to Smith

hammer pivot

I had the same thing happen to a 649 I was carrying. I sent it back to Smith and it came back within a few weeks. They also had polished the frame and beveled the back of the cylinder free of charge. No problems since

User Tag List