Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: So long as we are doing J-frame stuff this month, a quick question: cylinder release

Once upon a time, Ed Brown Products sold a cylinder release for K/L/N-Frames. It was contoured on the bottom, to be kinder and gentler to one’s thumb, and the upper part was a large pad, to facilitate releasing the cylinder. I patiently used a file to carefully sculpt one to fit a J-Snub, with a successful result. Somewhere along the way, I sold or traded this particular J-Snub, so cannot photograph it. If I were to try to repeat this, I would probably flub the job, but it was a fun project.

Site Supporter
    So what do folks think of the speed release that you see on the Custom Shop 686s with that added part to facilitate opening the cylinder? The write ups said for competition.

Quick follow up: new latch came from Midway; took 90 seconds to swap on (most of which was chosing the exact correct width slot head from my gun screw driver set); new latch left my thumb unmolested across 50 rounds of bulk 158 gr plated flat nose and a few cylinders of 129+P.

Thanks @Sherman A. House DDS, all.

User Tag List