Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: RCS Eidolon

Actually, I’m wearing my Eidolon with a Gen 5 G19 right now. Yeah, the slide stop lever on the right rubs on the outboard wing thing. I plan to address that with a dremel and/or exacto knife shortly. As is, it ain’t right, but it ain’t bad.
    ETA: The Eidolon is my go to holster. I carry everything from a G26 to a G34 (and now the 19.5) with it. Like it.
    Last edited by Tensaw; 01-21-2018 at 07:34 PM.

I carry a G17 gen4 in an Eidolon. I use the soft loops because a) you have more cant and ride height adjustment with them and b) even the best clips (and the Raven clips are good) could allow you to draw the holster along with the gun. Not likely, but more possible than with the soft loops.

Saw some new Raven metal clips in pictures, hopefully they will be released soon.

How do these compare to the JMC 2.0/2.5 wing claw?

Quote Originally Posted by Dismas316 View Post
    How do these compare to the JMC 2.0/2.5 wing claw?

I tried the Eidolon first but didn't care for the fit. I ended up with both a JMC 2.0 and 2.5. In my opinion they are light years ahead in fit and comfort. I understand the whole "modular" thing Raven is on about now but it doesn't appeal to me. When my Eidolon came it was bare with an ungodly amount of screws and bobbles for seemingly endless possibilities. Well I tried most of them and didn't find any that worked for me. With my two JMC holsters, i just popped them on and they fit right away, exactly how the maker intended and optimized.

Yes. Since the first couple of weeks it was released. I run the dual over clips.

I’ve owned both and wore both extensively. Vastly prefer the Eidolon.

I've owned an Eidolon variant since they came out pretty much. I use it IWB at 3-4 o'clock or so. The G19 variant's lower edge bothers me a touch as it pushes into my hip/leg at times, but the G17 variant gets rid of the edges so it provides a bit more comfort, IMO. I run the soft loops on mine as it does indeed provide the ability to cant the holster more for traditional IWB carry. Compared to JMCK's holsters...I prefer JMCK a bit more, but an Eidolon is what allowed me to figure out what position, cant, etc that I'd prefer...chances are I'll always have one around as it's very versatile and can be set up numerous ways. JMCK holsters are slimmer in their overall dimensions, where as the Eidolon is somewhat thick. Getting rid of extra parts (the struts necessary for soft loops on the Eidolon) is a bonus too--fewer screws to cheap and keep tight (though if you loctite them this is a non-issue). That said, the Eidolon is what I'm carrying in currently, as I await yet another JMCK custom holster.
    Jeff Martin
    Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by vandal View Post
    Saw some new Raven metal clips in pictures, hopefully they will be released soon.
    I don’t own a set, but believe I saw some. They are quite nice; similar to the sheath on the RAT knife. Probably the only clip I would want on my holster. Hopefully this will be an option from RCS soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User Tag List