Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Practicing the NSR (non-standard response) for defensive shooting

When we practice scenario training (as opposed to skills training, we use plates propped and wedged into grooves in wood so that it (usually) takes multiple quick hits to fall and they have to be good hits. Though it starts with a buzzer. The idea for a stiffened popper is a good tip.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Since I was mentioned by name by Angus (QD is me) I will try to add to this. As a disclaimer I build and sell a target system that provides features that are suggested in this post. It is in use by others than Ron, some that cannot be named here.

The goal of this system is to provide a "gunfight minus one" where the student becomes the "one". Using 8" round steel plates, at a time unknown to the shooter, one or more targets will activate. Each target will require some number of hits, unkown to the shooter, to neutralize. When neutralized, the target will fall from sight. What will happen next is unknown to the shooter. It will likely be one or more targets activating - deal with it. Depending on the system operator, the shooter may not know when this will end - it can extend past the point of comfort. Faster is always better so the system tracks the time that the shooter was facing one or more active targets. We can compete if we like.

- Detect the threat
    - Drive the gun to the threat
    - Work the gun until the threat is neutralized
    - Repeat as needed

This is all about unprediction and the system is named "UnPredictor". It is intended to be a gunfight trainer for those who already know how to shoot. But I have learned that not everyone likes this challenge. In YouTube there is an UnPredictor channel. If there is interest I can inform more.

You can shoot it with anything up through .308 at any range you like.
    Developer of the Unpredictor target/training system.
    Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfn8FquhytB2rUXeT3Qspxg

I like shooting at targets that give me “visual clues” as you said, to let me know to move to the next target or threat. I gong, a flip target, ect. So many varieties are out there, but I like the visual clues.

User Tag List