Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: IDPA Shooters--Ruger Wants Your Input

Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    With the popularity of the EDC X9, I think a similar sized Ruger build at half the price would sell well.
    Yes. An Officer's ACP sized high cap 1911 would be a nifty little handgun.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    Yes. An Officer's ACP sized high cap 1911 would be a nifty little handgun.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
    Didn’t Paraordnance used to make something like that?

Quote Originally Posted by Duelist View Post
    Yes. That was the Warthog, IIRC. But did they make it in a 9mm? I only saw them chambered in 45 Auto.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    I would encourage everyone one to be less snarky and more civil when interacting with one another here. If that’s too much to ask, the “good” news is that there are essentially an infinite number of other gun related forums and FB groups out there where snarky comments aren’t just tolerated, but encouraged — their mods are probably less shitty too.
    This is true. Thank you for the reminder (both to be polite and the crappy state of mods here)

Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    Trouble is, nobody is making a decent magazine for them anymore.
    So...right now the STI/SVI is more consistent... I'm just yankin' your chain on this one. I'm picking up what you're putting down, it's just a matter of finding a good mag maker. Or, maybe it's time to alter the Caspian frame to run Wilson X9 mags?

But I guess the question for Ruger would be, what's gained by going in on a Limited/L10 platform, when they have a solid single-stack design that can run L10 rather easily if they do 9mm and .40 barrels?

I would think there is more ground to be gained focusing on an "American" model that fit SSP and Production slots.

Yes. That was the Warthog, IIRC. But did they make it in a 9mm? I only saw them chambered in 45 Auto.
    They did, yes. I don't think they have made one in several years now. I have no idea where you'd find reliable short mags. It would be kind of a cool gun, but it's also so chunky it makes a G30 look svelte.

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    So...right now the STI/SVI is more consistent... I'm just yankin' your chain on this one. I'm picking up what you're putting down, it's just a matter of finding a good mag maker. Or, maybe it's time to alter the Caspian frame to run Wilson X9 mags?

But I guess the question for Ruger would be, what's gained by going in on a Limited/L10 platform, when they have a solid single-stack design that can run L10 rather easily if they do 9mm and .40 barrels?

I would think there is more ground to be gained focusing on an "American" model that fit SSP and Production slots.
    I don't think the target should be competition guns at this point. Going to give the edge to STI / SV / other copies on that one. It's not like I'd ever put my EDC X9 against my STI for Limited or Limited 10. That said, I think the carry market and possible IDPA could be the entry point. My EDC X9 is less bulky than my VIP, and my Fantom is less bulk than the X9.

Hmm, maybe I'll take some comparison pics this weekend.

Site Supporter
    Probably only .45 ACP.

ETA: Apparently, they still make it, and only in .45.
    Last edited by Duelist; 02-01-2019 at 04:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Duelist View Post
    But...,,,, it’s a Paraordnance.

Looks like there already is a Koenig model...

https://www.ruger.com/products/sr191...on/models.html
    Last edited by karmapolice; 02-01-2019 at 10:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jetfire View Post
    I finished in the Top 5 in like 4 straight IDPA Nationals using one. I don't know if second place in the whole country counts as accomplished or not.
    Uh, I think it is..

User Tag List