Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: IDPA Shooters--Ruger Wants Your Input

Quote Originally Posted by jetfire View Post
    I finished in the Top 5 in like 4 straight IDPA Nationals using one. I don't know if second place in the whole country counts as accomplished or not.
    I would say it makes you quite accomplished. Congrats.

So Ruger has a good grasp of the action pistol revo market. At least for the 6-shooter category.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Have you ever been a professional shooter? Are you personal friends with any?
    No to both, and as a group they are not influencers for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    I would say it makes you quite accomplished. Congrats.

So Ruger has a good grasp of the action pistol revo market. At least for the 6-shooter category.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
    Yeah the Match Champion is a hell of a six shooter. Their moonclip revolvers aren't quite there yet, so I don't think the 929 is in any danger of getting eclipsed as the Go-To gun for USPSA, but stranger thinks have happened. I think if they really sank some money into the USPSA market they could convert all 12 revolver guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Sierra View Post
    No to both, and as a group they are not influencers for me.
    So maybe you should stay in your fuckin' lane before you call people shills.

Their survey should have included trigger pull, or whether trigger work had been done.

So maybe you should stay in your fuckin' lane before you call people shills.
    I'll drive in whatever lane I please.

Quote Originally Posted by Les Pepperoni View Post
    Not in the revolver division...
    <ducks>
    I actually lol'd. LEAVE WHEELGUNS ALONE

A revised American with a steel frame and the manual safety would have me running a Ruger semi-auto for the second time in my life (my first was handgun was a P95). One that had the bells and whistles like a Q5 steel-frame Match would be the heat. Slide cuts for carry optics?

I can see Ruger making headway in USPSA Production with a quality built gun. Why? Because folks are running just about everything near the top of production right now Glocks, Q5s, Berettas, CZs, Tanfos - it'd be easy to build something that worked in that vein.

I don't think Ruger wants to get into double-stack 1911s, nor should they. Between all of the ones out there only the STIs/SVIs remain consistent performers. STI just dropped the price on the new generation mags which are excellent, like duty ready out of the package, no tuning, etc. As I wear out old mag bodies, I'm replacing them with new style mags. They're way better and now VIP-length mags are 50 bucks and big-sticks (170mm) are 75.

And dudes, life is way better with Alpha Sierra on Ignore.

Ruger probably makes 1000x more selling little pocket rockets nobody actually shoots than they ever will with some IDPA specific blaster.

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    I don't think Ruger wants to get into double-stack 1911s, nor should they. Between all of the ones out there only the STIs/SVIs remain consistent performers.
    My Caspian builds run / ran as good as my STIs, and are FAR easier to work on. Trouble is, nobody is making a decent magazine for them anymore. My Craig / Caspian F15 Fantom is much thinner than a VIP. It’s also noticeably shorter in height, yet only gives up one round.

With the popularity of the EDC X9, I think a similar sized Ruger build at half the price would sell well.

User Tag List