Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: IDPA Shooters--Ruger Wants Your Input

Quote Originally Posted by DAB View Post
    and in the case of Walther, they are offering contingency money if you shoot and win with one of their pistols. another way of encouraging people to buy and shoot and compete with their pistols.
    STI used to give prize money to shooters who uses an STI pistol and wore an STI shirt to major matches. I won a couple frames that way. Ruger could certainly do something similar although I doubt they will.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Zincwarrior View Post
    Agreed. Took the survey. Nothing on trigger pull weight and reset, nothing on accuracy.

It's a no serious survey as a result.
    Ruger is not likely to launch an entirely new design off the results of this survey. They will likely do nothing other than add some different sights to a few existing guns.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Tokarev; 01-21-2018 at 01:38 PM.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Peally View Post
    Shooting teams don't make any sense, I predict this won't last in the end.
    Like the old school exhibition shooters, they are a marketing tool. It will last as long as it is cost effective advertising.

Team CZ seems to work as a reasonably cost effective marketing thing worldwide for CZ. Especially considering on almost all the teams the main team members are full time employees with day jobs at the company.

FWIW outside of the US ( and yes there's lot of pistol shooting in the Unitd States) a much bigger percentage of shooters, especially pistol shooters, are involved in formal,shooting sports.
    Welcome to Africa, bring a hardhat.

Dear Ruger,

Please make an affordable, reliable, wide body 1911.

Thank you,
    The End

PS: consider licensing the Caspian frame.

I really appreciate a company trying to take real input from their customers.

I went ahead and filled out the survey although I doubt they will even consider producing my two main suggestions (DAO Sig P365 clone and a Tanfoglio Witness clone with an aluminum frame option)

Quote Originally Posted by Peally View Post
    . . . they'd sell far more swag getting a boring YouTube personality to play with their latest and greatest gun (nutnfancy, Hickok45, etc).
    I understand your point, and while I don't know jack #$% about the other guy, any company that would pay a fraud like nutnfancy, in an attempt to sell their gear, would cause me to seriously doubt the credibility of their products.

Quote Originally Posted by DMF13 View Post
    I understand your point, and while I don't know jack #$% about the other guy, any company that would pay a fraud like nutnfancy, in an attempt to sell their gear, would cause me to seriously doubt the credibility of their products.
    I guarantee you and I aren't the true target audience.
    Semper Gumby, Always Flexible

Quote Originally Posted by DAB View Post
    free advice for Ruger: don't ask your customers to design a gun, design a gun that meets the needs of your pro shooter, and customers will buy that, as they too want to have the same gun as your championship shooter.
    That strategy works with people who are too insecure or too stupid to figure out what is it that they want on their own.

Personally, the more a shill pushes something the less I'm inclined to look at it. The marketing/advertising is typically compensating for a less than well thought-out product.

YMMV

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Sierra View Post
    That strategy works with people who are too insecure or too stupid to figure out what is it that they want on their own.

Personally, the more a shill pushes something the less I'm inclined to look at it. The marketing/advertising is typically compensating for a less than well thought-out product.

YMMV
    Professional shooters are hardly “shills.” I imagine that a gun designed to Doug’s specifications would be superior to 99% of the guns designed by dumbdick consumers that can’t even break out of C-class.

User Tag List