Thread: G26 (and G17 optional) Holster with Dual Ulti-Clips

G26 (and G17 optional) Holster with Dual Ulti-Clips

I carry a G26 in a Remora with a single Ulti-Clip when wearing sweats, gym shorts, or warm-ups - obviously beltless. This setup is top-heavy and leans too far out when wearing AIWB. It's not too bad if I wear it at exactly 3:00. I have another Remora for a Shield (regular clip). I really don't love the Remora.

Is there a kydex / boltaron / plastic holster with double Ulti-Clips that would be more stable? A 17-length would be fine though I probably wouldn't carry the 17 - but wouldn't mind the option. I think a wedge or claw wouldn't be as important in this situation?

Thanks.

Site Supporter
    A G26 is a chunky gal to try to support using the tie in a pair of sweats. I've done it around the house with a JMCK IWB#3 w/the clip, but if I'm doing anything at all, I'll usually put it in a SmartCarry instead.

Interested to see what other suggestions are made.

Quote Originally Posted by Duelist View Post
    A G26 is a chunky gal to try to support using the tie in a pair of sweats. I've done it around the house with a JMCK IWB#3 w/the clip, but if I'm doing anything at all, I'll usually put it in a SmartCarry instead.

Interested to see what other suggestions are made.
    Yes it is. I'm wondering if a longer holster with two clips will make a difference. Another thing I didn't mention in my original post is that without a proper belt to hold the holster in place, a strong "kydex klick" type of retention may be problematic on the draw. Anxious to see what others and the experts think.

Quote Originally Posted by Larry T View Post
    Yes it is. I'm wondering if a longer holster with two clips will make a difference. Another thing I didn't mention in my original post is that without a proper belt to hold the holster in place, a strong "kydex klick" type of retention may be problematic on the draw. Anxious to see what others and the experts think.
    The clip that both Tom of DSG and Tony of JMCK use has a strong grab, even without a belt. (I believe Tony uses it on his "Universal" holster if memory serves correctly.)

I only have the metal spring clip setup on a pair of Tom's holsters. One for the S&W 642-1 (revolver) and one in G17 size for my Glocks. Both have very positive (click in) retention, the revolver holster even moreso than the semi-auto. I can draw from either holster without pulling the holster off my sweats when tied with the drawstring. It'll pull the waistband up somewhat, but that is all. The clip retains its hold on the fabric.

That said, while I have "tested" the G17 holster in sweatpants and sweat shorts a few times and carried that way when walking the dog...I generally only use that manner of carry for the revolver as it is considerably lighter when loaded, at 17 ounces. I have been carrying this way all winter when just hanging around home and environs. YMMV.
    Last edited by blues; 01-20-2018 at 08:56 AM.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    The clip that both Tom of DSG and Tony of JMCK use has a strong grab, even without a belt. (I believe Tony uses it on his "Universal" holster if memory serves correctly.)

I only have the metal spring clip setup on a pair of Tom's holsters. One for the S&W 642-1 (revolver) and one in G17 size for my Glocks. Both have very positive (click in) retention, the revolver holster even moreso than the semi-auto. I can draw from either holster without pulling the holster off my sweats when tied with the drawstring. It'll pull the waistband up somewhat, but that is all. The clip retains its hold on the fabric.

That said, while I have "tested" the G17 holster in sweatpants and sweat shorts a few times and carried that way when walking the dog...I generally only use that manner of carry for the revolver as it is considerably lighter when loaded, at 17 ounces. I have been carrying this way all winter when just hanging around home and environs. YMMV.
    Same deal for me.. the Dark Star Gear clip on for my 642 is awesome for when I don’t have a belt. If I have a belt then I use the JM AIWB “George” with pull-the-dot loops. I purchased the 642 for the exact reason of needing something “airweight” for when I wasn’t wearing a belt.

OP, you may even get away with a G43 and the Dark Star Gear clip holster without a belt if that’s an option.
    Last edited by GAP; 01-20-2018 at 09:24 AM.

JMCK AIWB 2.0 with Ulticlip.

“There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

User Tag List