Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New PPQ sub compact

New PPQ sub compact

Saw this in the new issue of Recoil that came online today. (Also noted an article by Tam on carrying spare magazines).

Name:  6A1B7F29-4343-4202-9076-D8084C07BF34.jpg
Views: 2274
Size:  56.1 KB
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Needs more M1 paddle release.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

Quote Originally Posted by JodyH View Post
    And to think I was becoming fond of you again.

I've seen more magazines ejected on accident by something bumping the button while carrying than I have found cases of the reload speed difference between a paddle and a button being a factor.
    Give me a paddle on a CCW pistol 100% of the time.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."

Quote Originally Posted by JodyH View Post
    For all that I like the paddle on the HK pistols, I just couldn't make the one on the PPQ work right, no matter which finger I used.
    " La rose est sans pourquoi, elle fleurit parce qu’elle fleurit ; Elle n’a souci d’elle-même, ne demande pas si on la voit. » Angelus Silesius
    "There are problems in this universe for which there are no answers." Paul Muad'dib

If a paddle release was designed so I could use my dominant thumb, I would be fine. I just don’t like using my trigger finger to release the magazine, and would rather keep my trigger finger in register during the reload. With PCC in USPSA, I am seeing an increasing number of DQs, when skilled shooters end up with their trigger finger hitting the trigger instead of magazine release while speed reloading, making a loud noise and ending their day.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    With PCC in USPSA, I am seeing an increasing number of DQs, when skilled shooters end up with their trigger finger hitting the trigger instead of magazine release while speed reloading, making a loud noise and ending their day.
    Sounds like a gamer gun trigger weight/travel problem...
    The last carbine shooter I DQ'd at a 3-Gun was using a Magpul BAD lever and a ridiculously light trigger (think "Bubba tuned" Geissele SD3G).

BTW: I rarely carry a reload CCW, and speed reloads are way down my list of things I give a shit about when it comes to a carry pistol.
    So my opinion on mag releases is probably going to be different than other peoples.
    Last edited by JodyH; 01-19-2018 at 07:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    If a paddle release was designed so I could use my dominant thumb, I would be fine. I just don’t like using my trigger finger to release the magazine, and would rather keep my trigger finger in register during the reload. With PCC in USPSA, I am seeing an increasing number of DQs, when skilled shooters end up with their trigger finger hitting the trigger instead of magazine release while speed reloading, making a loud noise and ending their day.
    Raising hand here. Have no idea why, I've never had an issue at all with a "real AR" and it's button, but my PCC gun and it's flush mag release messes with me hard even tho it's in exactly the same place.

No paddles for me on pistols.

Love the paddles. Trigger finger goes to register, middle finger presses the paddle.

Works for me.

Quote Originally Posted by NH Shooter View Post
    Love the paddles. Trigger finger goes to register, middle finger presses the paddle.

Works for me.
    I tend to use my middle finger and thumb simultaneously.

User Tag List