Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: S&W 642 Pocket Holster Help

Quote Originally Posted by JodyH View Post
    ^^^ this ^^^
    I have 4 different pocket holsters for my PM9.
    If you have time which four holsters and what are the applications.
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

Quote Originally Posted by Jason M View Post
    I think so. The CSM holster was in service for about 3 years and after a bunch of washings and dryings it wore out. I may have a pic of it somewhere.

Det 1397, the trigger guard is covered almost to where it meets the frame. I agree, that anything else would be a no-go.
    I see. I assumed (incorrectly it appears) that when you recommended the holster you were still using it. My bad.
    Men freely believe that which they desire.
    Julius Caesar

CWM11B
    I use an old Raven Concealment for my 442. I love it. conceals very well in my pants, and at most looks like a wallet if it prints at all. Unfortunately, it is no longer a stock item. When I inquired about getting a spare, I was told it was a custom piece, but custom work has been suspended. You may be able to find one on ebay or the various sales threads on all the gun forums. I wish they would offer it again. I may see if one one of the local index cookers can replicate it.

Site Supporter
    Name:  B2DDCE72-30F4-4D55-8CFE-64984558CE44.jpg
Views: 539
Size:  37.4 KBI have been using a Kramer pocket holster for a 642 for almost twenty years. It’s my most used holster/ gun combo. It makes it super easy to just slip it in my pocket. It started out as my go to court gun and holster. Then became a frequent backup and off duty companion. Backside of the holster has a square piece of kydex sewn to the holster
    Last edited by Poconnor; 01-21-2018 at 11:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by UNK View Post
    If you have time which four holsters and what are the applications.
    El Paso Saddlery Pocket Max is my primary because it works well in the deep wide pockets in the Duluth pants I wear the majority of the time.
    Azula ITP for pockets with "grabbier" pocket lining material where the "hook" by the rear sight on the El Paso holster bunches things up.
    Safariland #25 is for narrower bottom, shallower pockets like on my business casual khakis.
    DeSantis Superfly (no flap) for coat or jacket pockets.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

Thanks for all the great recommendations everyone! My Safariland Model 25 arrived today and so far, I'm really liking it! It disguises the outline of the revolver quite well in my opinion. I got it on Amazon for $23!

Hoping to have the new model at SHOT 2019:

Name:  BG380 - 1.jpg
Views: 376
Size:  74.0 KB

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Wheeler View Post
    I see. I assumed (incorrectly it appears) that when you recommended the holster you were still using it. My bad.
    Sorry. My fault for not being clearer. It was a great holster. I just wore the rubber coating on the outside of it away. I had tenothers otherwise I would have ordered another. It's a lot of value for the price of it works for you. Pocket holsters like all other holsters are situation as well as person specific. I'll send you either of my others for a trial run if you wish.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason M View Post
    Sorry. My fault for not being clearer. It was a great holster. I just wore the rubber coating on the outside of it away. I had tenothers otherwise I would have ordered another. It's a lot of value for the price of it works for you. Pocket holsters like all other holsters are situation as well as person specific. I'll send you either of my others for a trial run if you wish.
    No worries. At the price they're asking I may just order one to satisfy my curiosity. I'm sure I can find a pocket that will work with it.
    Men freely believe that which they desire.
    Julius Caesar

Site Supporter
    I have a Kramer pocket holster for my G26. It may be that the design for a J frame is much better. However, I did not find the anti-print panel to be particularly effective, and did not find a good way to reliably separate the gun from the holster while drawing the gun. The Aholster is noticeably more discreet in my pocket.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

User Tag List