Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: S&W 642 Pocket Holster Help

I'd see if the Uncle Mikes + cardboard thing looks like it'll solve your issue. If yes, buy a Kramer.

The Kramer is hands-down the best I've ever used. I liked the Mika as well, but the Kramer is a 90% solution for me (a Desantis is the other 10% -- jacket pocket). The Kramer is bulky, but that bulk appears as a wallet or cell phone.

I haven't found anything that will hide a J-Frame in my jeans (plus access sucks due to the pocket style), so that's the only base I don't have covered.

Quote Originally Posted by leathermaneod View Post
    a Mika square cut pocket holster
    I have a square and a round because they fit different pockets/pants. I have tried at least a half dozen others and keep coming back to Bob Mika's creation as the best both in terms of concealment and draw.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason M View Post
    A second vote for the Kramer!

Also check out:

1. Bell Charter Oak cut down revolver http://bellcharteroakholsters.com/pocket.html

2. CSM Gear http://csmgear.com/j-frame-pocket-hoster/
    It's awfully hard to tell on the CSM Gear holster because the pictures won't open or enlarge. It appears that the trigger and trigger guard are completely exposed. Is that the case?
    Men freely believe that which they desire.
    Julius Caesar

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    Looks like you might need one of these custom jobs by @SteveB:

ETA:

The Aholster is the thinnest holster I have for pocket carry.

The Uncle Mike's #3 is close behind. You can try the Uncle Mike's from amazon for under $10. Send it back if it's unacceptable.

I use the Mika more than either of them, but it is also thicker than either but not in a bad way. YMMV.
    Dude, don’t be giving out info for my custom pocket holster guy. Right now his lead time is still reasonable, unless there is a hurricane and all the milk jugs disappear from the Publix.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Dude, don’t be giving out info for my custom pocket holster guy. Right now his lead time is still reasonable, unless there is a hurricane and all the milk jugs disappear from the Publix.
    We're an extended family. We have to suffer our poorer relations.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Site Supporter
    It covers the trigger guard.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason M View Post
    It covers the trigger guard.
    Would you mind posting a picture of your setup?
    Men freely believe that which they desire.
    Julius Caesar

Quote Originally Posted by Wheeler View Post
    It's awfully hard to tell on the CSM Gear holster because the pictures won't open or enlarge. It appears that the trigger and trigger guard are completely exposed. Is that the case?
    Certainly looks like a good portion of the trigger and the trigger guard ARE exposed... That would make it a big no go.

Site Supporter
    The best pocket holster I have ever used is the Aholster. While I do not use it for a J-frame, I do use it for a Glock 26. If it works for the G26, it should work for a J frame.

One caveat: round off the hook by the rear sight with sandpaper or a nail file. Then, buy some Moleskin from the foot care section of your pharmacy. Cut off a piece that is a little wider than the hook is long. Wrap it around the hook so that one edge extends beyond the end of the hook. This will prevent poking holes in your pocket.

With this done, you will find it to be the least printing, easiest releasing, least bulky pocket holster you have used.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Wheeler View Post
    Would you mind posting a picture of your setup?
    I think so. The CSM holster was in service for about 3 years and after a bunch of washings and dryings it wore out. I may have a pic of it somewhere.

Det 1397, the trigger guard is covered almost to where it meets the frame. I agree, that anything else would be a no-go.
    Last edited by Jason M; 01-21-2018 at 06:17 AM.

User Tag List