Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: DotW 18: Draws & Reloads

Concealed G17. Slidelock reload since that seems to be the baseline everyone is posting.

3 shot draws total - 17.53, -3
    I short stroked the trigger twice causing me to panic and yanking shots making a mess of it.

Slide lock reloads - 37.09, -10
    I haven't practiced slide lock reloads in I don't know how long. The first few times I dropped the slide before I finished seating the mag causing me to have to rack the slide. After the 2nd time I did it I paid closer attention to not repeating that. I also found that I wan't getting a good solid grip after the reload and my finger was on the trigger in a different location. I felt pressured to go fast and didn't fix the grip before shooting the 2 rounds. As a result 1/2 of my post reload shots were to the left of the target. Really messy.

Best and worst draws were on the 2nd string - 1.08/1.54
    Best and worst reloads - 1.74/3.17

Starting position: Low ready

Type of reload you performed: Slidelock from under a shirt

Total time for ten 3-shot draws, and number of shots missed if any*: 52.5, -4.3
    Total time for ten 1-R-2, and number of shots missed if any: 87.7, -13
    Best and worst time for the draws (all 20, from both strings of fire): best 1.64, worst 2.98
    Best and worst reload: best 4.63, worst 6.52

* Due to poor execution, I only shot 7 strings on the 3-shot draws. The numbers reported have been normalized to 10 (i.e. actual sum * 10 / 7). Hence 4.3 misses, LOL.

And yeah, that's a lot of misses on 1-R-2. I'm worried about that because I was also missing big shooting 2" circles and a 3x5 card. All of those misses were with ammo I'd never used before (American Eagle 124 gr FMJ), so I hope that's the cause. But I also noticed some play between the striker block and the frame. The pistol is an M&P 9 Full Size.

Then again maybe I'm just generally more awful than even I thought.

Hopefully it shoots like normal again next time at the range shooting my normal Federal Champion 115 gr FMJ. We'll see.

User Tag List