Page 40 of 59 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast

Thread: Beretta PX4 Storm .45 High round count, long duration usage.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by PX4 Storm Tracker View Post
    I don't know what qualifies to you as rebuilt over and over, but most parts are original. The slide, frame, hammer, hammer pivot pin, trigger, sear and spring, firing pin plunger, firing pin block plunger, firing pin and many other parts are original. Other than parts that broke, small pins and springs are changed with prescribed time and round count intervals. Most components are original, some were replaced once and continue on.

It may not be amazing or impressive, but it is my accounting of the journey of a few samples of a PX4 .45 G for a high round count and long duration.

Pistol round count 102,200

It’s impressive. Thanks for the continued updates.

Vending Machine Operator
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost66 View Post
    Umm. 100, 000 rounds on any pistol today is possible when it is rebuilt over and over.
    No, it's really not. Frame cracking and slide cracking issues show up in many designs well before the 100K mark. Aside from Glock and M&P, 100K+ round counts with regular journaling of component wear and maintenance like this are quite rare. If you're so dismissive about that, please provide me your sources that it's possible "on any pistol today."

I'm not a dramatic person and I don't think I've ever had beef with someone on PF in my 6 years here, but this reply pisses me off a bit. When a forum member is sticking to mostly 1 thread and making detailed contributions to the forum over time, a casual "Um not impressed" comment fits YouTube more than PF.
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

Forum form...

Umm. 100, 000 rounds on any pistol today is possible when it is rebuilt over and over.

I noticed that you just joined the Forum yesterday. I’d like to welcome you!

I would also point out a few things about this thread here. The purpose of the thread expressed in my initial post, “I am looking for (or ready to share) feedback or information from anyone who has experience in taking the .45 Storm to a high round count. ... What kind of maintenance, parts or spring changes, etc.?” So, I was wanting to learn and enjoy the Forum members and their vast experience.

In post 4 I explained more, “I have had a dozen PX4 Storms since they first came out. I have many thousands of rounds on all the Storms, but.... I cannot know if there are better ways to maintain or work with them, if my own opinion is my only source. ... I am hoping input and discussion will prove enjoyable and interesting.”

This excellent Pistol Forum has many members that are professionals in the trade and many with years of experience. In post 9 one member, who also makes YouTube videos on testing firearms put it this way, “This is PF after all...give us the details! What’s your maintenance schedule been like? Any breakages?”

So, Pistol Forum is indeed about sharing actual information. One does not have to agree or like the featured firearm, but it is normal here to back statements with actual data and follow up if members ask you to explain your statements.

You will find the Forum to be very friendly, if you are....

I look forward to reading your reply to @LockedBreech above.

Let me guess, you have a PX4 Storm page on facebook. I bet you post a lot of uselessness trying to impress the people on there or sound off on every post trying to impress them with your "knowledge". Let me guess, You have never posted a single target or video of yourself shooting, proving all you claim.. Unlike Langdon (who really documented his work) I bet your profile is fake too.
    Can a PX make it to 100,000 rounds? probably. Like I said, with a rebuild (new springs/ small parts etc.) any pistol today can do that. Even the 1911s from WW2 have and still do....

Guesses?

Let me guess, you have a PX4 Storm page on facebook. I bet you post a lot of uselessness trying to impress the people on there or sound off on every post trying to impress them with your "knowledge". Let me guess, You have never posted a single target or video of yourself shooting, proving all you claim.. Unlike Langdon (who really documented his work) I bet your profile is fake too.
    Can a PX make it to 100,000 rounds? probably. Like I said, with a rebuild (new springs/ small parts etc.) any pistol today can do that. Even the 1911s from WW2 have and still do....
    I appreciate the attention you have evidently put into this thread, or me. However, I must say that most of your guesses are incorrect. I do have a Facebook group about the PX4 Storm, but that is all you got right. Our group is the largest on FB about the PX4 and is known for friendly, helpful resources and I do not lecture or "show off" as I am not that impressive.

I have posted targets in these threads, suggesting that you take the advise I've heard Staff in this Forum give, "Read more, post less". I have a video series called Tactical is Practical where I teach techniques and uses of the PX4 in defensive and tactical scenarios and have distributed them to folks I know the background and attitude of. I am in all of those videos. I don't put them on the internet in general, as I don't know who will use or misuse the information.
    More importantly, there are top notch teachers on this Forum that are professionals that teach and run courses, so I have no interest in bringing that here. Those teachers are great and I am not needed.

I have also not "claimed" any prowess to back. If you note the thread title is not at all about me. It is about a pistol.

As to my profile name... shall I assume that your legal name is @Ghost66 ? I explained my profile name on the first page of this thread. If you wish to continue personal attacks please send them by message and I will read them there. This thread is about a PX4 Storm .45 G.

I also note that you have not answered the question put to you....
    Last edited by PX4 Storm Tracker; 02-25-2020 at 06:38 PM.

Site Supporter
    Ghost you are new here, and PX4 offers a nice resource/info thread regarding the PX4. I do not own one or plan to own one, but the thread is still interesting . You should slow down and enjoy the forum for what it is. PF is the most balanced and best all around forum on the net. We are lucky to have it.

Dial it back.
    #RESIST

I have a dumb question:

What do you do to keep accurate records of round count?

I try to count my empty boxes when I’m done shooting, but after a few hundred, I lose track.

Some of you guys have specific counts down to the ones digit. Just curious how you do it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by zacii View Post
    I have a dumb question:

I try to count my empty boxes when I’m done shooting, but after a few hundred, I lose track.

Some of you guys have specific counts down to the ones digit. Just curious how you do it.

I can’t imagine it being that hard, you just gotta commit to keeping track of every round you shoot.

Counting

Quote Originally Posted by zacii View Post
    I have a dumb question:

That is a good question. I keep a small spiral notebook and pen with me at the range. I set my ammo out on the table and know the amount I'm setting on the table when I set it out. After I shoot I write the number on that little notebook. If I want to shoot some more, I will annote that on the notebook as well.

If you are not sure how many rounds you will shoot, keep the notebook with the ammo on the table and write down how many you take out. When you are done, before you put your ammo away see how many are left and write on the notebook minus that amount and draw your total when you get home.

When I get home I have a sheet of paper that has a place to list that and to make a new total. I also keep the totals with the dates on a notepad on the computer as well. I duplicate a copy of the computer notepad onto my phone for easy access and a backup copy.
    Last edited by PX4 Storm Tracker; 02-26-2020 at 09:17 AM.

User Tag List