Page 37 of 59 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast

Thread: Beretta PX4 Storm .45 High round count, long duration usage.

Triggering a discussion

Quote Originally Posted by corneileous View Post
    Sorry for the confusion. Wrong choice of words....lol. This, that you’re talking about is what I was talking about.

But I’m not trying to argue but on beretta’s web page, it just says it fits compact and full-size. Is this still a no on the 45?

But is this the trigger you’re talking about? I wouldn’t think a solid steel trigger would break over a plastic one that the gun comes with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    The PX4 .45 takes a different hammer frame unit in order to have a different ejector. It is possible that the only ones who would know that are they that read this thread (ha, ha... no.. really ) https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....n-usage/page29 Post 287

The rumor that the stock trigger is plastic is incorrect. It is hardened steel framed coated in fiberglass reinforced techno polymer. The "All Steel" trigger is made by a 3rd party manufacturer and has a bad reputation. It is coated in Bruniton, which is a parkerized finish with an epoxy, polymer coating. So, either way you have a steel trigger and you are touching polymer.

Ernest effort

Oh ok, you got those from that Ernest Langdon guy. Gotcha.

I don’t mind the Beretta stealth levers since all they are, are just for decocking the hammer. They are a little small and kinda tough to grip but like I said, since that’s all I use time for is decocking the pistol, I like that they make racking the slide a lot more comfortable and a lot less irritating to the hand.

The statement that I got them from that Langdon guy is an undervalued assessment. He developed the Compact Carry, Carry and many upgrades for the PX4 and "put it on the map". Beretta backs his efforts, and while it is true that I got these things from Langdon Tactical Technologies and he designed them, Beretta makes them and sells them on their website, as do their official distributors. These are as "original manufacturer's product" as anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by PX4 Storm Tracker View Post
    The PX4 .45 takes a different hammer frame unit in order to have a different ejector. It is possible that the only ones who would know that are they that read this thread (ha, ha... no.. really ) https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....n-usage/page29 Post 287
    I don’t know, I was just going off of what it said on berettas website when they said pretty much that the competition trigger group works on the full-size. They didn’t say anything about the exclusion of the 45.

But AnyWho, that hundred dollar upgrade doesn’t really sound like something that I would think that I would want if all it does is lighten up the single action trigger pull. I like mine just how they are and don’t really see a need to change.

The rumor that the stock trigger is plastic is inco rrect. It is hardened steel framed coated in fiberglass reinforced techno polymer. The “All Steel” trigger is made by a 3rd party manufacturer and has a bad reputation. It is coated in Bruniton, which is a parkerized finish with an epoxy, polymer coating. So, either way you have a steel trigger and you are touching polymer.
    There’s another upgrade that I guess now after reading this I don’t feel I need.…LOL.

After I saw that all steel trigger on the website the first time I was browsing through there looking at upgrades and when I came across that saying it was an all steel trigger, I took a closer look at the trigger on my first storm that I bought and just assumed that it was a plastic trigger. But that does make better sense what you said, that it’s just basically a plastic coated trigger that there is still a steel back bone underneath all that plastic.

The statement that I got them from that Langdon guy is an undervalued assessment. He developed the Compact Carry, Carry and many upgrades for the PX4 and "put it on the map". Beretta backs his efforts, and while it is true that I got these things from Langdon Tactical Technologies and he designed them, Beretta makes them and sells them on their website, as do their official distributors. These are as "original manufacturer's product" as anything else.
    I guess I’ll have to look at them sometime but I’ve never seen those other DeCocker levers before on their website.

link

I guess I’ll have to look at them sometime but I’ve never seen those other DeCocker levers before on their website.

https://www.berettausa.com/en-us/px4...sembly/c8d710/

I’ll be damned. I never seen those on there. Oh well. Like I said, I like the stealth levers. Granted, if I would have seen those, then might’ve been the ones I got but I already spent 45 bucks times 3 in the other ones. Lol.

Options

I’ll be damned. I never seen those on there. Oh well. Like I said, I like the stealth levers. Granted, if I would have seen those, then might’ve been the ones I got but I already spent 45 bucks times 3 in the other ones. Lol.

Perhaps one day in the future you might decide to change your mind and you will know where to look.

Perhaps one day in the future you might decide to change your mind and you will know where to look.
    Yeah, especially now that I found a whole lot better, easier and less-cuss word enticing technique of changing them out!!....[emoji1787]

My PX4 Storm .45 G now has 85,100 rounds on it and is running smoothly and flawlessly.

@83,600 rounds I replaced the slide rebound spring (guide rod assembly) as scheduled.

@84,800 I disassembled the slide for detailed cleaning and replaced the decocker lever pin.

My cam block now has 53,908 rounds on it and is showing no signs of metal fatigue or cracking. I replaced the first cam block @31,192 because of the new barrel. It was in fine working order. So far I have had no issues or problems with any cam block. I credit this to changing my slide rebound spring by or before 5,000 rounds and never letting the slide slam forward on an empty chamber. https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....-and-how/page4 post 35

Name:  Storm Tracker's block  @84,800  (1).jpg
Views: 509
Size:  47.1 KB

Name:  Storm Tracker's block  @84,800  (2).jpg
Views: 534
Size:  41.2 KB

My trigger pulls are 5.75 lbs DA and 3.2 lbs SA. My D spring has 55,400 rounds on it... no light strikes at all.

Pistol round count 85,100
    Last edited by PX4 Storm Tracker; 10-01-2019 at 11:11 AM.

Updates to my other PX4 .45s....

I acquired @Storm SD ‘s PX4 Storm .45 SD and have put it to use. I will be using it as a self defense pistol, so I had to do some updating of parts. I also have different preferences in design than he and incorporated that into the modifications.

It had 37,120 rounds on it and some parts were damaged. I changed the hammer unit body frame for a new black one due to the broken ejector on the old one. I also changed the lever pin, o-ring, hammer drop lever, firing pin block plunger lever and spacer. I changed the hammer pin spring.

Name:  Storm Tracker's .45s (2).jpg
Views: 408
Size:  46.0 KB

The disassembly latch was very worn https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....ighlight=block post 143 and not safe enough for defense work. I replaced it and its spring.

I never liked the 4.6” barrel sticking out in front and put in a new 4.1” barrel. I did a 100% disassembly of the frame and slide for detail cleaning and lubricated needed parts. It was dirty in there!

Now it looks like what I sought, an FDE .45. Round count 37,428

Name:  Storm Tracker's .45s (3).jpg
Views: 461
Size:  48.8 KB

I had originally tested my EDC PX4 .45 G with 2,086 rounds in every possible scenario. I then, did a 100% disassembly and detail cleaning, put in a new D spring and guide rod assembly. I cleaned and relubed every 6 weeks for 4 1/2 years of carrying (with no shooting). I changed guide rod assemblies every year or so. I installed a spurless hammer, relubed frame internals and tweaked the extractor to make it like even the worst target loads. I put 914 rounds through it and tested all functions again. Flawless performance. It is back to EDC again. I might shoot it a little every now and then. Round count 3,000

Name:  Storm Tracker's .45s (1).jpg
Views: 446
Size:  64.0 KB

And now.... back to shooting my PX4 .45 range pistol which is @85,400 rounds and is working well. With the SD came more magazines. I now have 13 range mags (1 10 rounder I don’t use much). I will use 8 at a time and clean 4, rotate them in, clean the next 4, etc.. and be non-stop.

Pistol round count 85,400
    Last edited by PX4 Storm Tracker; 10-10-2019 at 10:36 AM.

User Tag List