Page 58 of 59 FirstFirst ... 84856575859 LastLast

Thread: Beretta PX4 Storm .45 High round count, long duration usage.

So, due to this thread, I’ve picked up one of these. 40.6oz loaded with 10 HSTs and an X300U. I got a good deal on a lightly used one on another forum for 399. There is just something about this gun. For holsters, I have a Bawidamann Gotham AIWB, and I have a Priority One OWB for a 320. Both of these are for use with an X300U on the gun and work great. I tried to pick up a Stealth Operator multi-fit injection molded OWB pancake but it didn’t fit. Also looked at a Blackhawk Omnivore OWB multi-fit, but didn’t like the fact that you have to put an attachment on the rail that precludes a light being attached (on the one I looked at in the store). Fits my big hands great, dry fire is right on the money, I’ll update after I shoot it.

Name:  IMG_0482.jpg
Views: 363
Size:  48.1 KBName:  IMG_0481.jpg
Views: 365
Size:  53.8 KBName:  IMG_0483.jpg
Views: 369
Size:  50.3 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Williams View Post
    So, due to this thread, I’ve picked up one of these. 40.6oz loaded with 10 HSTs and an X300U. I got a good deal on a lightly used one on another forum for 399. There is just something about this gun. For holsters, I have a Bawidamann Gotham AIWB, and I have a Priority One OWB for a 320. Both of these are for use with an X300U on the gun and work great. I tried to pick up a Stealth Operator multi-fit injection molded OWB pancake but it didn’t fit. Also looked at a Blackhawk Omnivore OWB multi-fit, but didn’t like the fact that you have to put an attachment on the rail that precludes a light being attached (on the one I looked at in the store). Fits my big hands great, dry fire is right on the money, I’ll update after I shoot it
    Awesome! Looking forward to your report.
    Last edited by PX4 Storm Tracker; 02-22-2024 at 03:20 PM.

Well I did a brief range session, only having time to shoot 3 mags of 230 _HST. 1st mag 1st double action pull and the rest single action I wasn’t too happy with it.

Name:  IMG_0523.jpg
Views: 255
Size:  30.1 KB

The second mag was a bit better, all DA.

Name:  IMG_0524.jpg
Views: 252
Size:  25.9 KB

And then the last mag DA/SA pairs.

Name:  IMG_0525.jpg
Views: 250
Size:  30.8 KB

Definitely needs a DA trigger job, it’s loooong. It’ll be a work in progress.

Well I did a brief range session, only having time to shoot 3 mags of 230 _HST. 1st mag 1st double action pull and the rest single action I wasn’t too happy with it.

Name:  IMG_0523.jpg
Views: 255
Size:  30.1 KB

The second mag was a bit better, all DA.

Name:  IMG_0524.jpg
Views: 252
Size:  25.9 KB

And then the last mag DA/SA pairs.

Name:  IMG_0525.jpg
Views: 250
Size:  30.8 KB

Definitely needs a DA trigger job, it’s loooong. It’ll be a work in progress.
    A D spring makes a giant difference.

Longer equals lighter

...Definitely needs a DA trigger job, it’s loooong. It’ll be a work in progress.
    It is true that the DA pull of a PX4 is slightly longer than some others (Sig, HK, etc.) it is also why it can be lighter. The locktime (time and distance of hammer fall once released) is a little longer. As a matter of fact, the DA hammer drop has less difference from the SA drop point than other pistols and revolvers.

This means that the DA strike to the firing pin plunger will be stronger in DA and you can use a lighter hammer spring... making the DA pull lighter.

I put a D spring in my PX4 Storm compact 9mm. It made a world of difference in the DA trigger pull. For me, it was the least costly upgrade to the pistol, easy to do, and the result was awesome. The DA is so good, if it were a DAO with this trigger pull, I'd be totally satisfied.

Love my old Px4 too. Bought used $300 from friend, totally stock just use sharpie pen to black the factory rear sight.

Ringing steel

Quote Originally Posted by 4mykaren View Post
    Love my old Px4 too. Bought used $300 from friend, totally stock just use sharpie pen to black the factory rear sight.
    Nice shooting! Is that a Compact 9 mm?

Quote Originally Posted by PX4 Storm Tracker View Post
    Nice shooting! Is that a Compact 9 mm?
    Thank you sir. That is a 4” barrel full size Px4 I leave in my truck. To me the trigger is okay for a self defense pistol but that factory sights are uncomfortable to shoot, do you know any tritium front/black rear sight for Px4s?

Name:  E492CAF2-DD06-4F0B-ABF1-7C0428421DE5.jpg
Views: 133
Size:  45.7 KBName:  3FBD869B-1047-4B96-A9F0-CA3BA500BCB7.jpg
Views: 130
Size:  32.8 KBName:  4833870A-C3D7-4D70-A613-4E1A0EAD16F8.jpg
Views: 129
Size:  28.4 KB

It is perfect truck gun since 2014, very low maintenance. I usually clean this gun every 6-12months, I lube the locking lug, rails, sear and hammer notch, check its recoil spring and small springs. Shoot it almost every year and change ammo and magazines.

User Tag List