Page 31 of 59 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast

Thread: Beretta PX4 Storm .45 High round count, long duration usage.

Quote Originally Posted by Thy.Will.Be.Done View Post
    Did your PX4 SD come factory with the cerakote slide? The ones Beretta makes now only come with FDE Frame/Black Slide... if it is factory how has it been holding up?
    https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....l=1#post700546

Quote Originally Posted by beenalongtime View Post
    Thank you for answering this.

Cerakote

@Thy.Will.Be.Done My SD currently has 37,120 rounds on it. I had the slide cerakoted at 8,528 rounds, so my cerakote has 28,592 rounds. It has held up quite well. I like the look of it and I have no regrets. However, the inside of the slide shows more wear to the cerakote than one might expect from the factory Bruniton. PX4 Storm Tracker has 70,000 rounds on his .45 and the inside of the slide shows less wear on the Bruniton than mine does on the cerakote. Though the cerakote has done well for me, I would still say that the Bruniton is superior from a durability standpoint.
    Last edited by Storm SD; 05-28-2019 at 10:03 AM.

Site Supporter
    @PX4 Storm Tracker

@Storm SD

How has the accuracy been for you with your .45s and 230 grain ammo of various types?

Thanks for all your contributions!
    Last edited by TheNewbie; 06-21-2019 at 01:05 AM.

We keep asking this and he keeps answering it

I asked at post 290 on page 29, he answered at post 291 on page 30, but it was also asked by Palmetto at post 259 on page 26 and answered at post 260 on the same page. We must have all watched the P. E. Kelley video and not thoroughly read the thread.

We have experienced excellent accuracy with 230 grain bullets of all brands.
    As I mentioned in post 292, I thought I had asked the question before, but couldn't remember the answer, and searched the thread for my posts, only to realize it wasn't me that asked the question.

Accuracy consistently spot-on

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    @PX4 Storm Tracker

@Storm SD

How has the accuracy been for you with your .45s and 230 grain ammo of various types?

Thanks for all your contributions!
    Thanks for the positive feedback!

As @JTQ mentioned, Accuracy with heavy bullets is spot on in all 4 samples of PX4 .45s that I’ve shot. My current 2 samples and my shooting partner’s remain pin-point accurate and consistent with the 230 grain bullet.
    I set POA with the top edge of my front sight exactly where I want to hit. POI is centered dead on to that spot.

Combined between those pistols that would mean over 110,000 rounds with no accuracy issues.

Pistol round count 72,300

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by PX4 Storm Tracker View Post
    Thanks for the positive feedback!

As @JTQ mentioned, Accuracy with heavy bullets is spot on in all 4 samples of PX4 .45s that I’ve shot. My current 2 samples and my shooting partner’s remain pin-point accurate and consistent with the 230 grain bullet.
    I set POA with the top edge of my front sight exactly where I want to hit. POI is centered dead on to that spot.

Combined between those pistols that would mean over 110,000 rounds with no accuracy issues.

Pistol round count 72,300

Thank you. There is a .45 at the local shop I’m considering.

.45, .45...

Thank you. There is a .45 at the local shop I’m considering.
    We have certainly enjoyed ours!
    Last edited by PX4 Storm Tracker; 06-21-2019 at 01:53 PM.

Site Supporter
    Lol!

It’s used, but with Beretta’s warranty I’m not too worried.

Need some G stealth levers and maybe a different mainspring.

To disassemble the gun, do you have to pull each tab simultaneously?

1 latch

To disassemble the gun, do you have to pull each tab simultaneously?
    Those 2 disassembly buttons on the side are actually one latch that goes through the center. So yes, pull them both down together and that's all you need to do.
    Last edited by PX4 Storm Tracker; 06-21-2019 at 02:14 PM.

User Tag List