Precision One 38 148 plated WC

Anyone with experience with this load?
    Velocity?
    Accuracy?
    Quality?
    Dirty or clean shooting?

Thank you very much.

@hubcap
    Did you end up getting some of this ammo? A buddy and I are thinking of getting some to vet for carry ammo.
    Jesus paid a debt he did not owe,
    Because I owed a debt I could not pay.

Quote Originally Posted by Irelander View Post
    @hubcap
    Did you end up getting some of this ammo? A buddy and I are thinking of getting some to vet for carry ammo.
    No never did

Having bought a case of Precision Delta's remanufactured .38 Special 148gr wadcutters for range practice a couple months ago, and being pleased with its accuracy and precision in my little Ruger LCRs, I contacted the company to inquire whether the Premium load could be expected to replicate the characteristics of the practice load, and was informed that it did in fact do so. (As always, my specific concern is about point of aim and point of impact correspondence as compared to the practice load.)

I accordingly purchased 250 of the Premium variety, and have found it to indeed be the duplicate of the remanufactured load for accuracy, precision and (trivial) felt recoil, except that it's a bit less smoky. (Like all wadcutter loads seem to be, it's a little dirty.)
    Last edited by SAWBONES; 08-09-2018 at 08:26 AM. Reason: spelling error
    "Therefore, since the world has still... Much good, but much less good than ill,
    And while the sun and moon endure, Luck's a chance, but trouble's sure,
    I'd face it as a wise man would, And train for ill and not for good." -- A.E. Housman

@jws and I ordered some of the copper plated 148gr WC from Precision One. They are purdy! I was hoping that they would shoot POA and have the same excellent accuracy as the Rem Target 148gr WC I usually carry, but shoot cleaner. They did not disappoint. Accuracy is excellent and they are much cleaner shooting than the lead WC. Felt recoil is slightly sharper than the Rem Target but quite manageable. I'd be interested to see some gel tests on these rounds. I wonder if the copper plating effects penetration at all.

Site Supporter
    I was also wondering if the rolled edge may take away from the full wadcutter magic.

They still cut nice sharp holes in paper. The edge does not look any more rolled than the Rem Targets I have used.

User Tag List