Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: J frame trigger and hammer pins

Necro thread bump.

Just discovered that my old 442 has a broken trigger stud. Based on this thread, it looks as if it able to be repaired? Covered under warranty?
    Taking a break from social media.

Quote Originally Posted by jandbj View Post
    S&W just called me yesterday while fixing my 43c and told me they found a broken trigger stud that they missed when they did my original repair estimate... they said the gun will come back with a small visible pin on the outside of the frame from the repair. They graciously are not charging me more now for the broken stud repair. They did mention I could pay them an additional $280 to refinish the gun in addition to the retiming and fixing the forcing cone ($103) that I’m already paying for. Since the 2 Wolff springs I foolishly left in the gun “voided my warranty”.

I’ll snap a pic when it comes back.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by CCT125US View Post
    Necro thread bump.

Just discovered that my old 442 has a broken trigger stud. Based on this thread, it looks as if it able to be repaired? Covered under warranty?
    S&W replaced the frame on my 642 Pro for a broken stud under warranty, I picked it up at the lgs did the paperwork, a week or so later ran a couple of cylinders of 148gr WC which shot to the sights prior, slow fire at 7yds noting each large bullet hole before the next round, all impacted aprox. 6" high and right, the sights are too low to use my Wheeler laser and not having a .38 chamber laser I stopped at my local smith's shop to confirm it wasn't just me having a bad day. After checking it out it was confirmed, definitely poi was very high right of the sights, he also noted the barrel had a bulge, off the gun went back to S&W, long story short, after multiple phone call's, none of the promised calls were returned, I was told I had fired a squib round after getting it back the first time and it cost me $170 plus shipping for a new barrel. Just my experience but, S&W's CS hasn't come close to Ruger's, Glock's, Dan Wesson, STI, Sig's or other's I've dealt with over the years. I had no squib round but, on the up side, for under $200 I've finally got a great shooting 642 again that hit's POA with 148gr Fed. Gold Medal / Georgia Arms and the 130gr fmj I've run so far. It's certainly worth pursuing, I'd just document every conversation, keep your fingers crossed and worst case, have a credit card ready.

User Tag List